What is an elder?

by acolytes 39 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Badges, they don't have any badges, they don't need to show you any stinking badges!

• acolytes
    acolytes

I must say I didnt fully understand the joke about badges. Farkel kindly explain.

ON-THE -WAYOUT.

You are writting a book.

Any inspiration from my Big Bad Wolves idea.The stunning and provocative and highly entertaining account of how the Jehovers Witnesses governing body myth making factory has created the image of the indomitable male, and in the process shaped and distorted our understanding of the spiritual man. This larger than life male is the congregation elder.

Acolytes

• inbetween
    inbetween

If an elder sees the double standard, hypocrisy and nonsense, he has to react sooner or later.

Some put their thoughts in the "wait on Jehovah" drawer, I did for years, until this drawer gets overfilled, ....

then it comes down to the real person, is he genuine, honest, he will act,

he may contact first the society, just to give them a change to explain some things,

if this is not satisfactory (and it wont be), he will step down (or "aside" OTWO ;-))

further steps depend on personal situation (family still in etc)

its a very difficult road though....

• Open mind
    Open mind

Some elders are wolves in sheeps clothing seeking to awaken their families.

It worked for me. Call me all the names you want.

The end justified the means.

om

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Call me all the names you want.

Elder!~

• acolytes
    acolytes

OPEN MIND

I guess in your case it would be the society calling you a "Wolf In Sheeps Closing "

As I said earlier if a person is a true victim of a repressive organisation with a humane heart they can rouse themselfs sufficiently to reclaim their integrity-It seems to me you did just that.

Acolytes

• Open mind
    Open mind

Six of Nine: Ouch! Man, that hurt!

Acolytes: Ah shucks. Now I feel all better.

I was never really worth my salt to the WT as an elder. I could never bring myself to "hound" the flock as to their whereabouts, absences or low hours.

om

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

In the majority of cases, a piece of shit disguised as a human. The remainder are just pieces of shit.

Cheeses.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Holey -Cheeses King-of-the-juices

Not the most diplomatic language. But if you have experienced callousness and selfishness and been a victim of elders brutally unfeeling behaviour in their service to twelve deluded and inhuman men in Brooklyn. Well then I feal you are fully justified in your no punches comment. and Iam sure even ex-elders on this board who have rejected their effete life of eldership will understand your language was appropriate and from the heart.

Acolytes

• acolytes
    acolytes

So what is an elder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit