LAST NIGHT..!

by iknowall558 39 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Outlaw....yours is one of the funniest posts this year....: D Keep it up..

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

i know all; thats good work, and I know of similiar leaflet being put on cars at hall etc. and it does work , there will be a buzz about it at local halls and nosey jw's will look up some stuff. you be surprised what jw will look it all up and maybe leave the wt 4 years later. it's all about planting seeds. well done...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

That happened at our hall a couple of times. I advised against reading it.

Every time I ever counseled a JW NOT to read literature against JW's, I always felt bad immediately. My conscience hated that we couldn't investigate these things for ourselves.

If that is your calling, best of luck to you!

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

UPDATE : As a result of the 'leaflet drop', one JW for certain has read the entire contents of both leaflets that were dropped through his letterbox. He is aware that the FDS is not inspired and has wondered about where they get the 'new light' from if thats the case. He knows that they probably do get things wrong.... Hes had thoughts about this before when I knew him, and receiving the leaflets has reawakened any questions he may have been asking himself. He is keen to find out why Passwordprotected left.....because he knows He didnt leave just to have a good time, or because he couldnt be bothered with the meetings any more. PP and his wife became involved with church so still showed their focus in life was God.

This guy could be open to having a private meeting with PP. So in my opinion, the distributing of these leaflets has been A SUCCESS! There could be more who have read them and are now curious to find out more, but time will tell when more info leaks back to us.

TODAY.......I went down to the street where the Kingdom Hall is and took the 'DANGER AT YOUR DOOR' leaflets. I got out of my car, and while the meeting was in progress, I started putting them through the letterboxes of the houses there. One 'brother' was out on 'car park' duty, (This will be due to what happened the other night), and noticed me. He watched me for a short while to see what I was doing. Some of the neighbours were out clearing the snow from their paths , and some were cleaning/tinkering with their cars, so I handed them straight to them and explained that I was doing a 'leaflet drop' and would it be ok to leave one with them. I was loud enough for the brother to hear me. They all took one, and by this time the brother had gone into the Hall and came back out with an elder. Amazing timing, because the neighbours were actually standing reading the leaflets right there and then in front of them. I carried on all the way along the street and they followed me along on the other side of the road. I did not let them intimidate me. I didnt rush, but seemed to adopt a 'pioneer walk'. I just took my time and got EVERY house on the street with the two of them watching me the whole time. When I was finished, I calmly walked back to where my car was and had to walk past where they were. I didnt put my head down, but kept looking straight ahead. I looked at both of them as I walked past and kind of smiled. I got into my car and drove away.

I am elated. Its the best thing I have ever done.

You may wonder why I chose to do the street where the KH is. The 'local needs' talk on Thurs. was to bring attention to the congregation that the 'neighbours' are complaining about noise and disturbance when everyone piles out of the hall at the end of the meeting.....especially when its at night. A set of neighbours have acted as 'spokesmen' to approach the bros and put in a complaint. They are fed up with it. They said..."they pay a lot of money to live where they are, and they are entitled to live there without having to put up with the disturbance twice a week. A couple of neighbours in particular are pissed off about it, and the Elders answer to this was............... - - INVITE THEM INTO THE KINGDOM HALL TO SHOW THEM THE WORK THEY HAVE BEEN DOING TO IMPROVE THE TOILETS........eh? One of the neighbours (the slightly less pissed off one) commented that he is getting his bathroom done and just needs to get the tiling sorted........so....cue for brother handyman to step forward and offer his services. He has made arrangements to call on him for this reason. So they are trying to quell any bad feeling the neighbours may have toward them. Its nice they want to help people.......but at the same time....while they are feeling like they do....the leaflets would make a bigger impact....and they would actually be INTERESTED in the content.

Happy Days. x

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You go girl. Fun AND productive!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good for you. If even one person reads it and wakes up somewhere down the line, it's worth it.

• besty
    besty

great work Lorraine - keep it up.

Timing is everything when someone is ready to exit - your leaflet may be the straw that tips someone over the edge - mixed metaphor alert.

Not to forget as well that the western JW mentality is changing - especially younger ones may be open to not being told what to read quite so much as the older generation.

We need to remember that each and every year we are out the JW mindset is weakening - what would have been taboo to a JW 10 or 20 years ago may be a bit more palatable now.

• iknowall558
  • carla
    carla

If a jw objects you could mention these two little gems from their own literature:

WT 11/15/63 p688 It is not a form of religious persecution for anyone to say and show that antoher religion is false. It is not religious persecution for an informed person to exose publicly a certain religion is fale, thus allwing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.

Awake! Aug 22,1984 p28 The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit