"It's Like Scientology for Black People"

by SixofNine 33 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

(Sherry somebody on the View.)

Sherri Shepherd.

Saw this "Christmas one of many joys" article over the holidaze: Philadelphia Eagles starting right tackle Winston Justice.
    THIS YEAR, I am experiencing many "firsts." This past Saturday was my first real snowstorm. Growing up in California, I never saw a snowfall like the one this past weekend. Wow! I couldn't believe I had to drive 15 mph on the highway just to stay safe and keep in the lane.
    I also grew up not celebrating any holidays. From birthdays to Thanksgiving, because I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, my family did not observe these days. So, believe it or not, Christmas is still a very new experience for me. Soon after I got into the NFL, I became a Christian. Now, I am excited for the presents, and I love the time you get to spend with friends and family and all the traditions that come along with this special holiday. Most important, I realize that Christmas is a time to remember and be thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ.

~Sue

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jermane Mayberry, former Philadelphia Eagle and New Orleans Saint is also a JW.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I see a tiny problem.

Tiger Woods isn't Black."

Well he thinks he is.

• snowbird
    snowbird

He prefers Cablinasian.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Well he thinks he is.

! lol

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

Last I heard Mark McCumber was not associated actively with the witnesses, though 1 of his brothers is still quite active.

The parent McCumbers were good friends with my parents.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It is like Scientology for black people! I never got that connection 'til now...

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

The whole thing was a hoot, but I'm really impressed by Samantha Bee's take on the JWs! The 144,000 saved for "top contributors"! Hah! Obviously gets that its a sales program!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Scientology doesn't accept blacks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit