"It's Like Scientology for Black People"

by SixofNine 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hah! Samantha Bee on The Daily Show just recommended that Tiger Woods become a Jehovah's Witness (they were playing off Brit Humes suggestion that Tiger needed to become a Christian to achieve redemption for his infidelity); "Serena Williams, Prince, ... it's like Scientology for Black people".

The clip should be online soon @ the Daily show site.

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it weren't so sad, I would be ROFLMAO at your clever thought.

"It's like Scientology for Black Peole." Hilarious.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, quite a few black people do well by associating w the wt.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Actually, quite a few black people do well by associating w the wt.

S

That is what makes it such a clever thought.

Still, Scientology is the weird religion for many famous white people and Jehovah's Witnesses is the weird religion for many famous black people. If we count faders or those that left, the Jacksons and Wayans, Terrence Howard, Naomi Campbell, etc., we start to have quite a list.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Geez, that is quite a list.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If they could rope Oprah or the Obamas, the whole movement could become so popular and they would get that growth they need, ....well, for a few years until they all figured out how much the religion sucks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Priceless!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

and famous dead black celebrities who were JWs in the past like Michael Jackson and Teresa Graves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkIBGbOTxqo

LRG

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

She mentioned the 144k doctrine too. I didn't catch the context exactly, I think it was just to show wacky-ness. But she got the basic doctrine better than most people do, IIRC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit