Is this our fate?

by paul from cleveland 49 Replies latest social current

• Opus92
    Opus92
    I suggest again Paul you get help from a Doctor....You are depressed.

Mouthy beat me to it.

• linp24
    linp24

Paul, your heavenly father loves you as does his son. Absolutely there will be a place for you in Christ's kingdom. Doom is no factor in your future at all. There is a radio broadcast called Christian Questions Radio. These people understand about the universal salvation in store for all people. There is a great future for the human race ----- the entire human race.

CHRISTIAN QUESTIONS RADIO--

• linp24
    linp24

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 24:45 -47 "Who here qualifies for the job of overseeing the kitchen? A person the Master can depend on to feed the workers on time each day. Someone the Master can drop in on unannounced and always find him doing his job. A God-blessed man or woman, I tell you. It won't be long before the Master will put this person in charge of the whole operation.

48 -51 "But if that person only looks out for himself, and the minute the Master is away does what he pleases—abusing the help and throwing drunken parties for his friends—the Master is going to show up when he least expects it and make hash of him. He'll end up in the dump with the hypocrites, out in the cold shivering, teeth chattering." MSG

Luke 12:42 -46 The Master said, "Let me ask you: Who is the dependable manager, full of common sense, that the master puts in charge of his staff to feed them well and on time? He is a blessed man if when the master shows up he's doing his job. But if he says to himself, 'The master is certainly taking his time,' begins maltreating the servants and maids, throws parties for his friends, and gets drunk, the master will walk in when he least expects it, give him the thrashing of his life, and put him back in the kitchen peeling potatoes.

47 -48 "The servant who knows what his master wants and ignores it, or insolently does whatever he pleases, will be thoroughly thrashed. But if he does a poor job through ignorance, he'll get off with a slap on the hand. Great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities! MSG

Forget about the WT and the so-called evil slave; turn to Jesus of Nazareth for healing of your soul.

Sylvia

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Is there fate?

Nope. Although our minds are conditioned to react in a certain way, and our behaviors are programmed to tend toward certain actions. For this reason alone it is better to be more conscious and have more choice, to respond rather than to react.

If so, are we fated to be the bad evil slave?

There is no reason to see this parable of Jesus' as anything other than a brief teaching tool, it should not be thought of as prophetic or conflated into some kind of archtypes that apply to "classes" of people. The WTS abandoned trying to turn all of Jesus' parables into prophecies decades ago, they should have tossed this last one aside as well.

If the bible prophecies that there will be an 'evil slave that falls away and beats his fellow slaves because the master is delaying'...

(except there are no Bible propheicies that say this)

...doesn't that mean that someone has to fulfill that prophecy otherwise the prophecy would be false?

It's not a prophecy.

In other words, some one or a group of people have no choice but to be the 'evil slave'. Just like it was prophesied that someone would betray Jesus... so no matter what, one of the apostles had to betray him... they couldn't just all have chosen to be loyal.

There is much speculation regarding Judas' motivations, and schools of thought that cast Judas into various spiritual or political roles.

Jesus, regardless of motivations, needed a mechanism to get himself into Rome's hands. In this way, Judas is acting under Jesus' direction and can in no way be "fated to betray" anyone.

Couldn't it be that most every one on earth doesn't have a choice but to reject God because if it were any other way prophecy wouldn't be fulfilled?

Then certainly we are all only always doing God's will and we need to get over our petty judgments whether we are blessed or damned - we are all merely pawns in God's game, doing His will at all times with no right to judge our own actions or anyone else's.

Is it our fate to be the bad one?

Nope.

Do most people have no choice but be bad because of all the prophecies, that were made before they were even born, said they'd be bad? (Broad road to destruction, etc, etc)

Nope. In that mode of thinking, we are characterless, empty vessels of God's will, always doing what He needs. Again, we would have no impact on ourselves, therefore no right to judge ourselves.

I'm just thinking because I've always known from childhood that I would be the bad one... I wanted to be the good one but I wasn't. I always felt like Cain...

That's your over-active mind judging you.

We are often "assigned" roles in our family of origin, and most family members unwittingly conspire to enforce those roles.

This may sound rude, but it's time for you to individuate away from your family's expectations (which you have taken on as "true" about yourself) and realize you have choices, you have identity outside of your relationships with your family, and have the opportunity to create your life as you wish it.

Didn't Jesus say that it would have been better if Judas had never been born?

...and then Jesus went right on serving his disciples, including Judas, so it couldn't have been the grand pronouncement of damnation you seem to see.

Doesn't that mean that some are destined for destruction regardless of what they want?

You can make up what it means any way you want, but the end of this line of reasoning is that we ALL can only do what God has forced upon us, so there's no point in worrying about it.

The other possibility is that it's all a load of tripe, and you can (with a little effort) choose the kind of person you want to be.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    to think that we are evil and fated for evil is just an easy way out of excusing ourselves when we do what is wrong KNOWING it is wrong.

This makes sense. Maybe I was just rationalizing behavior by saying it's destined to be this way. That way, in my mind, I was making God the bad one, not me.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Void Eater, thanks for the point by point reply.

Mouthy, I'm going tomorrow at 2:30

• noni1974
    noni1974

I used to think I was evil. I had a lot of negative self talk going on inside my head. I was different from everyone I knew. I was out spoken and honest. Too honest for some people.

I had to make an effort to stop all this negatived self talk. It was making me want to kill myself. I made myself talk and think good things about myself whenever I felt that self hate come one.

No one is 100% evil. We all have good in us we just have to look for it. Life is what you make it. There is no fate in any real sense.

PS I don't believe in the bible. I'm a heathen. I believe the bible has some good moral stories in it but it was written by men to control an uneducated mass of people in the name of a vengful god who was going to kill them if they didn't follow and believe.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Paul,

Sorry, but you're just not evil enough to be "the Evil Slave". Oh, you may think you're "evil", but you're just a "little evil"... maybe. If you have time to post here, that doesn't leave you with enough free time to become "mostly evil", and certainly not "completely evil"... that would leave you no time for anything but outstandingly evil deeds.

Unless you stop wasting time on things like eating, sleeping, personal hygiene, and reading, it simply isn't your fate to be very evil. And it's not enough to think evil thoughts. You need 110% evil deeds all day and all night if you think you'll ever be "the evil slave".

If that's your real picture, you don't even look that evil. If you want to be recognized as pure evil, you need to have glasses and an evil grin, like in my avatar. Your avatar looks like you're ready to be the next American Idol or star of High School Musical, way too cute.

Seriously though, I've been through the depression, counselling, and medication. PM me if you think I can help. But I'll warn you, I'm "less than mostly evil" much of the time.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Thanks Billy, I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow, maybe I'm just depressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit