Photo of GB 2006

by Titus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

WOW!

If it IS the same foto then this will remind us old timers of the bad ole Cold War days when the commies used to erase perons who had no more relevance to the movement. You would see the Official Foto, in which we glimpse this sea of GB [oops, I mean Politburo] faces standing at some interminable parade or other, and then, when someone becomes an "unperson" the official foto is doctored to exclude the poor sap.

Since getting all of these guys together at any one gathering is like herding cats, they would never have had the patience to sit through two foto opportunities, wearing the same gear, and smiling the same smiles, the powers that be must have decided to do some "unpersoning" of their own.

• freetosee
    freetosee

thx Titus

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's even weirder! It looks like they took Lett's head and stuck it on Splane's body.

• Titus
    Titus

Good catch, fatboyslim! Oh, they are crazy!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

So apparently it must be very hard to bring them together.

• Titus
    Titus

Picture is so morbid... Isn't it?

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

These old Farts, look like the board of directors of Exon, hell who knows maybe they are.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It looks bizarre comparing the two. The five on the right side of the photo look almost exactly the same, although there are very slight differences comparing their exact spot in front of the bookcase and the Bible is further away from Barr. Ignoring any slight differences in color, such as Jaracz's suit looks more brown in the book photo, clothing patterns are the same and facial expressions identical. I would guess that the four on the left were reshot and Photoshopped, or some variation on them.

That would explain why the picture in the book struck me as a little odd. Not a big deal. It just doesn't look well centered and balanced with Lett and Morris too close together. If it had been all shot at the same time, I think they would have them spaced more evenly.

Since the GB is supposed to all meet every Wednesday, it shouldn't have been a problem to have them available at the same time. My guess would be that they wanted a new photo for the book, but the health of either Barr, Jaracz, or Herd was a problem.

• Titus
    Titus

In book, you can see Barber's suit mirorred in table under Splane's right arm.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You only need a 2/3 majority and photoshop to get into a new publication then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit