Anyone leave the org without the help of the net?

by Miss Chievous 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I got out in 06 due to the hypocracy and the nonsense teachings. I should say I checked out mentally years before, walked away in 06. No net needed.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

For me it was a slow mental exit that spanned over many years, finally went to my last meeting 5/2008. It was not until July of that year that I found this site and bought CoC. They just confirmed everything I observed over a life time. NMKA

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I had never heard of the Interwebz till 15 years after checking out.

But until the Net I thought I might be one of a very teeny group to "fall away"!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome to the board Miss Chievous! I look forward to your posts.

I decided to leave, completely unplanned, after a moment of clarity during a Sunday WT study. The internet had no bearing whatsoever on my decision. I eventually looked at the Reform Blood website, which led me to a few other sites. I didn't join a community until 2 years later.

I just knew it was the right thing to do. It was very hard, but I am eternally glad I did it the difficult and fast way.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I read very little on the internet until after I left the organization. I left because my 15 yr old son died as a result of refusing blood transfusions for him after a horrible accident that might have saved him. I and my husband had serious problems but that ended it and I left him and the religion.

Ruth

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I left in 1966. There was no net yet.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh Balsam! I'm so sorry. I had not heard your story before.

• RR
    RR

Yep. There was no internet when I left. I did my research the old fashion way. The Library

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Twas back in 1979

when I left 'cause I thought I was right

Then I became afraid I was wrong

and they were right

Ignored the feelings of doom and gloom

and lived a life of disconnect with the

world and everyone in it

Decided to examine my faith (or lack of it)

Almost (ALMOST) went back..................

Purely out of fear and confusion

Came to this forum

Read Ray's books

Read and studied daily

5 - 6 hours a day for

2 years.......................

Then I was cured.............

Dissonance gone

Athiest in

Peace at last

• Opus92
    Opus92

I didn't actually start doing any internet research abut JWs until after I was long gone. I was disillusioned enough with Jehovah that just doing research on other religions did it for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit