Anyone leave the org without the help of the net?

by Miss Chievous 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Left long before I had a computer...let alone internet access

Coffee

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was out for about a year before I got on here. I left because of a local newspaper that did an article about people leaving. It suggested some books to read which I got from my local library. It wasn't until my wife left shortly after I started going online that they actually DF'd me though, or at least they tried to DF me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Some have left through the help of active gonads.

BTS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was well out, mentally if not in body before I would ever have used the Internet .

• Quandry
    Quandry

I didn't need the net-our family had the "benefit" of five elders humiliating, demeaning, and "spiritually bullying" my sixteen year old, never been in trouble, straight A student daughter.

She did some normal teen stuff, but the chairman of the committee had determined before meeting with any of them that she and her friends (thirteen, fourteen,fifteen, sixteen) were a lesbian gang that took drugs, smoked, and had sex with men for initiation.....he is a pervert.....they tried to make her confess to having sex with someone (she did not) and would not take no for an answer. After hours of this treatment, they told her they were not going to believe her, even though there was no accusation, no confession, and no witnesses....just the pervert's imagination.

They df'd her with the sneering statement, "You are disfellowshipped, and if you're still df'd at Armageddon, you can take some comfort in knowing that Jehovah can read hearts."

That did it for us.....

• villabolo
    villabolo

Quandry, you should send a letter to Bethel concerning that/those elder/s and give them sardonic praise for having gotten you out of that despicable organization.

villabolo

• Quandry
    Quandry

Quandry, you should send a letter to Bethel concerning that/those elder/s and give them sardonic praise for having gotten you out of that despicable organization.

villabolo

We certainly did send many letters to Bethel. And yes, we should send the final kind you are talking about.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I left in '05 due to them fulfilling the scripture that describes the Pharisees. There were too many inconsistencies with how the congs in the east managed their sheeple compared with the congs in the west. So much for all being the same for khall rules and love. I saw too many elders making up their own rules. It helped that I moved across the country so I could see the contrast where there was not supposed to be contrast that much.

• flipper
    flipper

MISS CIEVOUS- Welcome to the board ! I left without the help of seeing any information on the internet over 6 years ago. I left due to injustices committed against me and others. And I had doubts about the doctrines for years regarding the alleged " last days ". It's good to be out and have freedom of mind ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Farkel
    Farkel

Outlaw,

:There was no Internet when I left.. Or.. Wheels..

Oh, yeah? Well I left before humans could reproduce FIRE!

Actually, the internet started around 1969. It just wasn't universally available then.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit