Worldwide Report out - memorial partakers increased 871. Worldwide publishers up 3.2%

by yadda yadda 2 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

Gary, you mean that you can't be annointed unless they baptized you? Wouldn't that be akin to tying Jehovah's hands, as he wouldn't be free to anoint whoever he pleased?

• garyneal
    garyneal

dgp,

You're asking me, a fellow unbeliever, to make sense out of WT doctrines dogma? According to the Watchtower:

wt 8-15-1996 p. 31

There is no need for any of us to be concerned is a person begins to partake of the emblems ... It really is not up to us whether someone actually has been annointed with holy spirit and called to the heavenly life or not.

I got that quote from V's video where it also states that local congregations to not count guests and disfellowshipped people who partake in the emblems.

Well, I am experiencing a bit of 'cognitive dissonance' right now, good thing I decided not to become a witness or I would really be concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skppA3KzWbk

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

That does it, I'm getting treats this year at the memorial. Hell, I might bring peanutbutter crackers and gatoraide for everyone.

• steve2
    steve2

Are the annual figures available in English yet?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

So the number has not declined in over 40 years. Wonderful. Back to the doctrinal drawing board.

• LouBelle
  • steve2
    steve2

So the number has not declined in over 40 years. Wonderful. Back to the doctrinal drawing board.

Surely this is only a problem if the rank and file have an interest in logic and reason. The evidence to date suggests the rank and file are not motivated to think through the implications of their logic-defying beliefs.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Since Partakers is up 8.7% and Publishers is up only 3.2% they cannot claim these are some confused newly converted.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You guys dont understand!!!!

The reason for an increase in anionted numbers is some have been commiting "immoral acts" in heaven with angels and had to step down and be replaced!

You know those angels...only have one thing on their minds!

• garlic81
    garlic81

I would like to know where in the audio yearbook that the worldwide report for 2009 is? I've been listening to the yearbook and have not found it in there. If you look at the contents online on jw.org it does not even include the worldwide report.

Your peak number of publishers is contrary to another part of the yearbook and the March 15, 2010 WT study edition that is available online. On page 25 the graph shows the peak publishers for 2009 was 7,313,173. This is also shown in the February 15, 2010 study edition in the graph on page 16 that shows the same amount 7,313,173.

I'd like to know where you found this in the audio yearbook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit