STUPID-ASS WT QUOTES thread

by TR 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TR
    TR

"Rather we should seek for dependent bible study rather than for independent bible study". WT 9/15/1911 p. 1572

"Read only the bible? Christendom does this and look at the misunderstanding of the true message of God's Word!" WT 3/1/1983 p.25
    (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!)
    TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

WT feb 1, 1971. page 69:
    .."Men of this world offer you nothing stable, nothing sure,their promises and predictions of better things have failed time and again"...
    Right there on the first page I opened.
    flick..flick..

..." we trust that your reading the rest of this magazine will help supply you with the LOGICAL answer"...
    WT june 15, 1972. page367

..."Bible chronology showsthat since the Autumn of 1914ce we have been living in the 'last days' of this system of things. Jesus Christ indicated that these 'last days' would not expand beyond the lifespan of the generation seeing their start"...
    WT October 1, 1972. page583.

..."One of the very deceptive entanglements of our day...the idea that
    in joining the one church, whose names are written in heaven,we should also join...some earthly organizations...which claim to represent that one, true church"....
    WT September, 1888.
    Article: "Be not entangled again".

• TR
    TR

Compare these two:

"Beth-Sarim, built in 1930, is now held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return". NEW WORLD, p. 103

"Beth-Sarim was built for brother Rutherford's use." -1975 YEARBOOK, p. 194

TR

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The most convoluted, incomprehensible article ever published in any Watchtower?.
    Here it is.

WT December 1, 1971.
    "What its right condition means for us today"
    An interpretation of the 2300 days of Daniel. Too bizarre. Too fucked up even to attempt to quote it here.check it out TR.

A classic.
    WT July, 1880. Article:"New and Old"
    ....."What was true at any time in the past must be true yet...if it is not true now, instead of being advanced light then, it was terrible darkness...We have sometimes been accused...that the way to advance was to displace the truth we learned yesterday by new truth learned today...we utterly repudiate the absurd charge"...

• TR
    TR

Thanks, refiner. I'll check it out.

TR

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hey TR. What kind of resources you got there? On disk? or original stuff?Most of mine is photocopies which I did myself from originals.
    Took me YEARS!

• Will Power
    Will Power

WT 7/1/47 pg. 204

(This page discusses having your name in the book of life depends upon one's work that is approved by the Judge.
    Rutherford president?)

The word Judge or Judgement is used 17 times in 5 paragraphs
    6 times specifically Judge Jesus Christ or the Judge's writing or Judge's decision...

Wasn't that someone's nickname?

• Will Power
    Will Power

WT Jan 15, 83 pg 22

20 From the very outset of his rebellion Satan called into question God's way of doing things. He promoted independent thinking.
    21 How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.

(same pg at the top)
    More people are disfellowshipped for sexual immorality than for all other reasons combined.

• LDH
    LDH

Bookmark this site if you haven't already.

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com

Lisa

• Will Power
    Will Power

WT Dec. 1, 1981 pg 27

However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward.

This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking."

(even the most devout rolls their eyes at this one)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit