Free load of Watchtower books (tons!), must pick up

by drew sagan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've been thinking about getting rid of these books for a long time. I have bound volumes starting with 1950s up through the early 2000's (not complete, but probably about 35-40 volumes). I also have about 50-70+ books, including some from the 1950's (let god be true & others). If somebody can come pick these up good for you, I live about 15 miles north of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

Otherwise, this junk is going to be heading the curb very soon!

• megaflower
    megaflower

why not save some energy and just burn the damn things

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ours are gradually go out the door through the recycling bin service.

• mouthy
    mouthy

A woman in Stratford Ontario has Studies in the Scriptures
    she is trying to sell

• cantleave
    cantleave

Studies in the Scriptures is worth having - It is great to show a witness how transient their teachings are by comparing "Noo Lite" with the russelites.

• pat1060
    pat1060

You can sell them on E-bay....I bought an aid book and 2 let god be true.They are handy when you want to compair.....

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

why not save some energy and just burn the damn things

I actually did this to a few books. It takes forever because I don't have good place to burn. Putting it out for local trash pickup is eaiser, but I though I would give a shoutout here first.

You barely get anything on ebay for them. Its not worth the hassle.

• moshe
    moshe

I tried to sell an old WT book on Craigslist and some JW ( I assume) kept flagging (removing) my item. I would repost and say it's not an illegal item, don't flag, to no avail. Some witnesses just don't like to see these old books come up for sale. I did get a couple newer JW studies answer my adv- They thought the quote from my book was a lie- JW's would never say the end of the world was coming in 1925. They got an earful from me.

• dgp
    dgp

I wont' reveal where I am, but I kinda would like to have the pack. It's impossible, I know. I think there is a need to preserve the lies, so we can protect people against them in the future.

Can you keep that pack for the future?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think there is a need to preserve the lies, so we can protect people against them in the future.

Most of it has been digitized! And I'm sure the rest will be someday. Besides, saving a few crappy books in my attic is unlikely to change any lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit