Husband finds missing wife dead in the snow (in Kingdom Hall parking lot)

by betterdaze 31 Replies latest social current

• Dagney
    Dagney

Very sad.

• nelly136
    nelly136

am with snakes on this, dunno what it is but it just didnt read right to me, maybe its the way the news item is worded but summat seems a bit odd.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

note to self: DON'T WEAR WHITE IN THE WINTER

• nelly136
    nelly136

the missing report doesnt seem quite the ticket either

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/1012260.html

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Anchorage police are looking for a woman who is missing and may be suicidal.

Robin Rosario was reported missing Sunday afternoon. Her husband last saw her Saturday when he left for work. He says when he got home he thought she was still in bed. He didn't realize she was not home until the next afternoon. Police say she left all her belongings behind.

Rosario is 52 years old and is described as a white female, 5-foot-3-inches tall weighing about 140 pounds.

She has brown hair and blue eyes and may be wearing a white down or a red ski jacket.

picture of missing lady on link

Anyone with information is asked to call Anchorage Police at 786-8900.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I always feel bad when I read stories about suicides.
    With that in mind, I wonder if there is more to this story than meets the eye?
    Like.....DF'd for drinking and making sure she died near the Hall that df'd her?
    I'm just wondering.
    Hubert

You might be right. The story says "Someone thought they'd seen her Sunday afternoon at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses." The two most plausible explanations (IMO) seem to be that either she came late and left early, or was DF'd and would consequently be ignored. The latter would certainly provide reason for her to feel absolutely worthless.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

She was despondent and he feared she was suicidal. She had been drinking the night of Dec. 26, he told police.

Most suicides are around Christmas. You know how dubs are against celebrating or enjoying holidays. Maybe she was depressed because she could not be like 99.9% of normal people and enjoy Christmas.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I have spoken with an xJW that lives in the missing womans' area. He wrote back and said that he knew the couple. That both were both 'in'..kinda.

He also said the woman had recently received a DUI.

lisa

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

At first I thought Mrs. Rosario was fleeing an abusive husband. But Lisa's right: DUI Arrestees. Talk about "blood guilty before Jehovah" if the elders drove her to suicide with their disfellowshipping punishment, on top of her recent trouble. Other faiths readily suggest counseling/rehab, but the Jehovah's Witnesses shoot their own wounded!

How come her poor husband had to search at the Kingdom Hall himself after 5 days? Were the POS elders that incompetent? Or were they obstructing justice as usual with theocratic warfare on the police?

~Sue

• obiwan
    obiwan

I'm am the ex-jw Lisa refers to above. I knew her and her husband many years ago. I also see the husband at the gym I attend, he is a trainer there.

It's all really strange. There are so many things that just don't jive. We've had a bunch of snow lately and if the snow banks are large enough, I mean, who looks at a snow bank? You've seen one, you've seen them all.

At one point, they ran a B&B in there home. She was involved in a few marathons. From what I remember, they weren't very strong jw's.

I want to attend the funeral for the husband only if they (elders) treat it as a suicide. I don't know if any of you have known a jw to commit suicide and what the funeral services are like but I can tell all of you it's very sad. No one attends unless they can attend "with a clean conscience" (SP?) and even then, the services cannot be held at the hall. The service that I attended was at someone's home....and it was a small group.

The husband loved his wife very much, this much I know. I really feel for him. There are so many questions with this.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It must be around 30 below zero, now, eh?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit