Husband finds missing wife dead in the snow (in Kingdom Hall parking lot)

by betterdaze 31 Replies latest social current

• Mary
    Mary

This might be pure speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if this woman was suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. It is an established fact that people living in longitudes where you can go for long stretches without seeing the sun (and barely the light of day), suffer from SAD and can quite often turn to alcohol for relief. Alaska can be beautiful in the summer time when the sun is out 22 hours a day, but Wintertime is another story. The sun barely is seen for a few months and this most certainly can play a part in someone's mental and emotional state. Below is an article describing the link between the two. Alot of people simply don't realize that they're even suffering from this:

Link Between SAD and Alcoholism

• ziddina
    ziddina

How very, very sad... From the info "TheTrueOne" provided about how easily it is for someone who's inebriated to slip into a deep sleep and freeze to death, at least the elders are allowing that bit of compassion in treating her death as accidental... Which I think her death probably was...

However, I think MsDucky's comment was simply a somewhat cynical [but even more sadly, probably accurate] observation as to the underlying attitudes of the WTBTS' insanely twisted value system - running in marathons would be considered too 'worldly', but quietly drinking oneself into a state of alcoholism and then depression - as long as one keeps up a good 'face', THAT is acceptable to the WTBTS...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit