Husband finds missing wife dead in the snow (in Kingdom Hall parking lot)

by betterdaze 31 Replies latest social current

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Husband finds missing wife dead in the snow

By LISA DEMER
    [email protected]
    Published: 01/01/10 5:41 am | Updated: 01/01/10 5:41 am

An Anchorage man who reported his wife missing on Sunday found her Thursday afternoon, dead and lying in the snow next to her religious meeting hall. Police say their preliminary investigation indicates that she died of exposure and there are no signs of foul play.

Robin Rosario, 54, was last seen by her husband, Edgardo, the evening of Dec. 26, police said. When he got home from work around 4 p.m. the next day, he saw she had put pillows under the blankets so that he would think she was still in bed. He called police to report her missing. She was despondent and he feared she was suicidal. She had been drinking the night of Dec. 26, he told police.

The Anchorage Police Department's auxiliary search team checked the area around their home on Wesleyan Drive, as well as wooded areas nearby, but couldn't find her. Someone thought they'd seen her Sunday afternoon at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Twenty-five people searched over two days; the search effort included five or six dogs from Alaska Search and Rescue, said Anchorage police spokeswoman Anita Shell.

Much of the search focused on the trails on which she loved to walk around University Lake near her home. Rosario was also an avid recreational runner. Her name shows up in published race results dating back for many years.

Her husband continued to search, and at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday he found her body on a snow pile in the Kingdom Hall parking lot. The hall, at 2520 Wesleyan Drive, is about a mile from their house. She was wearing a white coat, which Shell said may explain why no one spotted her earlier.

The state medical examiner will perform an autopsy.

• nugget
    nugget

How very sad. I feel for her husband he must have been so worried. Poor lady.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How horrible.

lisa

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

So sad!!!! so much for Jw being the happiest people on earth.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    An Anchorage man who reported his wife missing on Sunday found her Thursday afternoon, dead and lying in the snow next to her religious meeting hall.

this is very sad....

was last seen by her husband, Edgardo, the evening of Dec. 26, police said. When he got home from work around 4 p.m. the next day, he saw she had put pillows under the blankets so that he would think she was still in bed. He called police to report her missing

and a side note to the purpose of this board...what does this tell us about how much field service the witnesses are doing now... husband last sees her Saturday night, goes to work. comes home from work thinks finds her gone..she tries the pillow trick so he doesnt know she has gone to the meeting Sunday morning? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...no one goes out in service from the KH? No one finds her in the snow pile? I have to assume no one was there for 4 days. When I was a kid I lived in Juneau in the early 70s...dubs were always out in service....no matter the day of the week. Why did no one think to check the KH? White coat or not, something is wrong here.

Snakes (Rich )

• Satanus
    Satanus

Looks like suicide, well planned. Some booze to numb the pain, and then going to sleep in the bitter cold.

S

• mouthy
    mouthy

Very sad... Since they are allowed to drink, & that was her downfall I guess
    Guess now she will be safe in the arms of her Creator.( I hope)

• VM44
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • hubert
    hubert

I always feel bad when I read stories about suicides.

With that in mind, I wonder if there is more to this story than meets the eye?

Like.....DF'd for drinking and making sure she died near the Hall that df'd her?

I'm just wondering.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit