Did Jarka get disfellowshipped yet?

by EmptyInside 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi All,

I don't know why this crossed my mind today. But, I'm rather curious if a convicted murderer, Jarka in this case, got df-d. I mean if murder isn't a disfellowshipping offense, I don't know what is. A few weeks ago I related this case to my brother, who is an elder. He hadn't heard about the case, as most the friends around here haven't. And I asked him if Jarka could be df-d without their being two witnesses. He guessed that there must have been a judicial meeting. But, if he didn't confess to the elders and with the two Witness rule, that he couldn't be disfellowshipped. My sister-in-law was there, and she was pretty shocked at the answer. I jokingly said, "Well, I hope at least he was made to step down as an elder."

But, the case crossed my warped mind today, and I was curious if anyone had any updates. Thanks.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember that it is the judgment of the elders on the JC that determine if he is guilty of a df'ing offense, not whether he was found guilty by a secular court.

There have been several jws found guilty of child abuse that served time in prison but were not df'd.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/28800/1/About-Daniel-Fitzwater-Exposed-on-Dateline

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The only thing that gets you DF'ed is being "unrepentant" of a WT-defined sin. He could easily be unrepentant or repentant.
    Plus, short of a confession, you need two credible witnesses in the JC. If he denies this murder, regardless of what a jury says, there are not two witnesses.

I imagine he will deny this murder up until he is on his deathbed.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Shocking story in the link that Blondie provided..horrors!

This brings to mind a conversation I had with a Circuit Overseer some years ago. He was new to us and told me that he had recently visited a Bro. in prison. It was a sad case. This was at the time when "repressed memory syndrome " was in the press quite a lot. This poor Bro, we were told had been put in jail despite strenuously denying the accusations against him. Apparently his grown up daughter had "suddenly remembered" that Daddy had molested her when she was young.

The C/O was totally sympathetic to the man who was certainly in good standing. At the time, before I had ever heard of a J W being a paedophile, I tended to agree that it sounded like a miscarriage of justice. Now ? I am not so sure...?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, thanks for posting that blondie. It makes me feel sick inside. A friend of mine had the same experience in the hall she grew up in, fortunately, he was disfellowshipped. Of course, that was after many years and even one too many victims. And he isn't in prison where he belongs, but we have actually seen him at conventions.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My child's molester was not disfellowshipped even after being convicted of molesting multiple victims.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well thats what you get when you try and emulate 2000 year old social morals and laws.

If he denied this horrendous act to his elders of his hall, he's most likely not Disfellowshipped to this day,

I would assume a private disapproval or a publicly made Disassociation.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I would like to see what happens to this guy if he gets let out after 20 years.

Will he return to his old hall, I kind of doubt it.

Since technically he's not listed as DFed he could go anywhere and be welcomed into a congregation with open arms,

well until they find out about his sordid past.

Aren't you glad your not a JWS any more. I am

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My stepdad confessed to the elder's last year about molesting me when i was young. I had been trying for many years to get

something done. (the story is under my topic history) He recently moved congregations, again! I contacted the elder

that dealt with this, and he promised me that it went with him to the new congregation. He didn't get df'd, prob didn't

get anything.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm so sorry crazyblonde. No child should ever have to deal with being abused, especially by someone they trust. I hope you are doing well now.

At least we know our child's molester is locked up for most likely the rest of his life and that should make it okay that he wasn't disfellowshipped, but It just doesn't:(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit