Can a Person Get Salavtion if He Never Read . ..?

by D wiltshire 42 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Yes i believe salvation is possible without the bible.
    If it isn't....God is not fair!
    The bible say's 'people who have NO LAW, but do the THINGS in the law...are a law to themselves.
    By the time judgement day comes....don't you think there will be literally millions who have never seen or heard of the bible.
    Would it be fair to for God to wipe them out because they were too unfortunate to have never seen or heard of the bible.
    I think as francois said: God will look at those who love their neighbor and are good people in their hearts.
    Do people have to believe in christ for salvation?
    According to the bible they do. What if they never heard of him either?
    Will God kill them because they never heard of him and so didn't give their life to him??? Well!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Gumby posts:

The bible say's 'people who have NO LAW, but do the THINGS in the law...are a law to themselves

response: Doing the law does not save. For in Romans 3:20 "by the deeds of the LAW no flesh will be justified" But the good news begins in verse 21 of Romans 3 "But now a Rightiousness of God apart from the LAW is revieled"

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Gumby,

One more thing if you read the inditement of mans sin in Romans 1:18-32 you'll see that all men are guilty and deserving of wrath and punnishment befor God. If God wantrd to be Fair he would send all of us to hell but God is rich in mercy and saves HIS people that he chosen. Not because you or I were some how good guys, the bible says no one is good. Romans 3:10-11. Yes Romans is my favorite book.
    But read Romans 1:18-32 and tell me what you think.

• gumby
    gumby

Easy now mr. CCR You missed the whole point my friend.
    Get out your bible and see what the contents of that scripture is talking about.
    Yes... I know that it is grace that saves us and not our own merit/works.
    You never addresed the points I made....let's here it!!!!

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Gumby said:
    "You never addresed the points I made....let's here it!!!!"

What points are you talking about? Please be more specific.

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

To every one here exegit the passage what does the text mean?

The Guilt of Mankind (Romans 1:18-32)

18 ¶ For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.

24 ¶ Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 ¶ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28 ¶ And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 who, knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
  • gumby
    gumby

CCR: Read sentences 5-10 of my original post here and you will find the 'points' I'm talking about.

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Gumby,

The bible say's 'people who have NO LAW, but do the THINGS in the law...are a law to themselves.
    By the time judgement day comes....don't you think there will be literally millions who have never seen or heard of the bible.
    Would it be fair to for God to wipe them out because they were too unfortunate to have never seen or heard of the bible.
    I think as francois said: God will look at those who love their neighbor and are good people in their hearts.
    Do people have to believe in christ for salvation?
    According to the bible they do. What if they never heard of him either?
    Will God kill them because they never heard of him and so didn't give their life to him??? Well!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Response: You mean this post? if so then Roman 1:18-32 DOES ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
    If you mean another post please show.

• gumby
    gumby

My question was....what is YOUR answer.In YOUR words?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

My answer is that I stand with the bible and that ALL men are guilty of surpressing the truth in unrightiousness even the man in ooooga booooga New Gueinie who has never even seen the bible.

Only special revelation (info from the bible olone) can save. General Revelation (the creation) cannot save only condemn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit