Can a Person Get Salavtion if He Never Read . ..?

by D wiltshire 42 Replies latest jw friends

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Again they had the scriptures proclaimed to them.

the origanal question exluded all scripture.

For unlearned men they did write scripture so these men it is implied had the ability to read.

jr

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Clash,

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
    I feel it is important to read the Bible, but for salvation the only thing nessasary is Faith in Jesus and his ressurection.
    Nowhere in the Bible does it say reading the Bible is nessasarry for salvation just faith.

I also beleive that a person can have many wrong Ideas about God and his Son and still get salvation.
    Salvation, is not how many answers you get right, but faith in the Son.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Take an Ill literate

he never reads the bible but all the info on salvation that is nessary to get saved is contained in the bible. He may not ever read the bible, sure like you said but every thing that he believes about salvation can only come to him by the means of scripture. all the info conserning faith and salviation as you put it "Jesus and his ressurection."

No your right about "Nowhere in the Bible does it say reading the Bible is nessasarry for salvation just faith."

But it does say "hear the word" check your strong's concordance

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Clash,

I think we agree on a lot of things, the important things(Faith).
    I feel that faith will make one do the rigth things, what ever they may be if one truley has Faith.
    But Faith will not make us see the Bible the way some men interpit it.
    Faith won't make you get a high score on some Bible quiz will it?
    People show their Faith in many different ways, don't they?
    Jesus did say "by this all will know that you are my disciples if you have love among yourdelves". Not all beleiving and answering the same, but love seems to be the qualifier for all to know who are Jesus genuine followers.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Adonai438
    Adonai438

From what I read in the Bible - God is ultimately fair.
    Faith has nothing to do with works and 'reading' is a work.
    --Ephesians 2:8&9
    You don't have to read the Bible to be saved-- for salvation is by God's grace not how good you can be. But the Bible tells you who God is, about his love, about his work, how to have a good life and what as a new believer you should do now.
    If a person never has a Bible (not because they don't feel like buying one but because circumstances won't let them) and only loves and believes in the true God by faith- his faith is what saves him.
    If you have a Bible and you choose to never read it your faith will still save you by Gods grace as long as you have put your faith in the true God. Reading the Bible is the only way you are going to know you have put your faith in the truth- you can't trust mearly what people tell you because thats blind faith that can lead you astray.
    I'm not going to argue about WHAT the truth is but as a Christian who has studied the evidence extensively I can say you are saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus. The true Jesus- not the Watchtowers.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Adonai438,

you said:

I'm not going to argue about WHAT the truth is but as a Christian who has studied the evidence extensively I can say you are saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus. The true Jesus- not the Watchtowers.
    I concider JW's christians if they have faith in Jesus I try not to jugde them. I feel they are christians that have come under the evil influence of men, but christians none the less. It's just that it is very hard and unnessasarry for them to add all that weight of jumping thru hoops for an organization(WT).

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

what I am afaid of here is that you might try to seperate Salvation from the bible. Salvation does not require great bible knowlege but once saved YOU will grow in your understanding of HIS word.

Sure reading the bible isn't required for salvation, BUT hearing is! and I will go through verse by verse on all the blessed are those who here the word. You can hear by reading or by someone preaching or evangalising to you but you here his word YOU CAN NOT IN NO WAY seperate God's word from salvation

DW, what is your take on Roman 10:17 from the passage alone.

You may not have to read, BUT you have to HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Adonai,

I am the only person on this board that advocates a %100 grace alone salvation I fully hold on to the docrines of grace.

I am the only person on this board to defend Justification by faith alone there is not one drop of works rightiousness in my view of salvation.

sola fide,
    jr

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Clash,
    I have an 8 different translation NT bible.
    re: Romans10:17
    It says nothing about Bible but faith come the word preached about Christ.
    I believe that reading the Bible is good, and important, I do it a lot.
    I just feel we as christians to easily forget Jesus admonition to not Judge one another.
    We don't have to get everything right to be saved, but men who seek to promote their ideas use this to enslave other christian, we don't need men or their organizations to be saved only Faith.

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

DW,

your getting there

good observation on scripture,

"faith comes by hearing the word of God"

DW, where does that word come from?
    1. A Cheerios box?
    2. Fortune cookie?
    3. Spinning Led Zepplin records backwards?
    4. The Bible?
    5. None of the Above?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit