Can a Person Get Salavtion if He Never Read . ..?

by D wiltshire 42 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Can a Person Get Salavtion if He Never Reads the Bible?
    Can person just except Christ but have nothing to do with the Bible and get salvation?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • lookin
    lookin

I believe so.
    Didn't Jesus tell the (thief-or wrongdoer) on the tortue stake:
    "You will be with me in paradise"

This guy never did anything in fact led a life contrary to Jesus preaching.

But because God is LOVE and Jesus imitates Jehovah, he gave him this opprotunity for the future...
    HOW LOVING CAN YOU GET...
    Not judgmental.

lookin :)

• Francois
    Francois

I am certain of it.

I can hear the Hindus now, "Do you think a person can attain salvation if they've never read the Upanishads?"

Or the Muslims, "Do you think a person can attain salvation if they've never read the Koran?"

And on and on in that vein.

I frankly don't think the creator of the universe gives a rat's ass what book of nonsense you've read or haven't. Do you give expression to God's love through your actions? Through compassion? Non-judgementalism? Love for your neighbor?

Yes?

Good. You're in.

Francois

• terafera
    terafera

Franc and lookin:

Thanks for your sensible words. They were just what I needed today.

So many times people throw in a bunch of 'mandatory' crap that we lose sight of what really is important...

Thank you for saying it so simply and honestly.

Tera

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I think a person that excepts Jesus Christ will get salvation and reading the bible is not nessasarry.

I think reading the Bible is important, but not nessasarry for salvation.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

DW,

How can he know Which Jesus to place his trust unless he has the bible to give him detales about Jeus and Salvation.

just a thought

Have you read the first 8 chapters of Romans?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

DW,

let the bible answer your question

what does Paul mean in Romans 10:14-17 emphisis on verse 17?

or what does James mean in James 1:18?

The bible is nessesary unless there is another salvation outside of the bible but then how would I know it is true?
    The bible is all I got to tell me about Jesus and salvation.
    How would we know how to trust Jesus and get saved if there wasn't a bible?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

What if you couldn't read or fully understand, but just believed with your whole heart?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

the emphisis is in the proclamation of salvation that is found in scripture.
    for one example go to Acts 8:4,5

salviation was proclamed or evengalised

Go to the Vine's dictionary and do an exegetical study of Acts 8:4,5 and the greek words Keregma and Evangillion. Proclaim and gospling.

Q: How can you proclaim if you don't have a bible to give you proclamation?

• Room 215
    Room 215

D Wiltshire...

Of course he/she can... weren't the apostles and early disciples called ``unlettered and ordinary?'' What do you think the average rate of literacy was in the primitive Christian era? Is there any evidence that, in their long history leading up to Christ, that the Jews, or any of their contemporaries, had an educational system of public schools?

Why do you think they read publicly the scrolls at the local synagogues? Because the few who could read could impart the law to the multitudes that couldn't!!

That, by the way, is what makes the NWT translation of John 17:3 such a travesty.....``knowing God'' is far different than ``taking in knowledge.''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit