Why Do JWs Say Jehovah Protects His People & Then Claim "Time & Unforseen Occurences"?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

yes, Zarco, I helped some needy people too when I was a JW- I even gave a car away to JW, who promptly ended up destroying the insides with his mixed breed dogs who were left inside too long on a trip to walmart. I owned a Moible Home park and have let JW's in need live their for free. I gave away a trailer to an elderly ( not a JW) woman who had rented a very long time and it was the decent thing to do ( wait, I wasn't a JW anymore when I did that!) I do think it's strange that the JW's holy spirit only seems to direct them to help other JW's in need, but worldly people help anybody in need.

• minimus
    minimus

No, when I think of a group of Witnesses I typically think of car groups. I don't thinks of "groups" as the entire Organization.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

when I think of a group of Witnesses I typically think of car groups.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/186505/1/Four-die-out-in-service-in-Texas

• minimus
    minimus

This isn't the first case of a group of Witnesses getting killed during the Lord's work.

• blondie
    blondie

I'll add some more similar statements from the WTS that might make it more clear.

*** w07 5/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***In 1935 the "great crowd" of Revelation 7:9-15 was understood to be made up of "other sheep," Christians with an earthly hope, who would appear on the world scene in "the last days" and who as a group would survive Armageddon. (John 10:16; 2 Timothy 3:1; Revelation 21:3, 4)

*** w07 12/15 p. 24 par. 11 No Weapon Formed Against You Will Succeed ***Yet, we are convinced that Jehovah will preserve his people as a group and look out for their welfare.—2 Kings 6:15-19.

*** w05 12/15 p. 22 par. 13 Whom Do You Obey—God or Men? ***But the Nazis failed to break the Witnesses’ resolve to worship God alone, and they failed to eliminate God’s servants as a group.

*** w04 8/1 p. 23 We Lived by Jehovah’s Strength ***Jehovah was merciful also to my husband, Tibor. From prison in Budapest, he was sent to the labor camp at Bor, with some 160 other brothers. Many times they were at death’s door, but as a group, they were preserved alive.

*** w03 8/15 p. 23 par. 18 What Does Jehovah Expect of Us? ***As we walk with God, he delivers us from Satan’s world, guides us by means of his Word and his organization, and protects us as a group when we are under attack by opposers.

*** w02 12/15 p. 15 par. 10 "He Will Draw Close to You" ***How, though, does Jehovah guard his people? His promise of protection does not guarantee us a problem-free life in this system; nor does it mean that he is obligated to work miracles in our behalf. Nevertheless, Jehovah does provide physical protection for his people as a group. After all, he would never allow the Devil to efface true worshipers from the earth! (2 Peter 2:9)

*** w75 6/15 p. 377 par. 10 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***Should we expect, moreover, that because Jehovah is on our side he will miraculously intervene to protect each one of us personally from death or injury during the "great tribulation"? Both Psalm 91:7-12 and Proverbs 3:25, 26 have been mistakenly cited by some as supporting this view. The psalm says: "A thousand will fall at your very side and ten thousand at your right hand; to you it will not come near." Lest we read into this text more than it states, we must ask ourselves if Moses is here talking about the coming "great tribulation" and is declaring a blanket protection for individual servants of God then. This would hardly be so when we remember that centuries later Paul showed that up to his time the devoted followers of Jehovah had undergone mockings, scourgings, prisons, tribulations and many other persecutions, even violent death.However, we can be assured that, asagroup, Jehovah will protect them from being exterminated by their enemies during the "great tribulation," and He, himself, will not touch them during his executing of adverse judgments.—Heb. 11:36-38.

We have evidence that God is protecting us now as a class. For instance, if such were not the case, we would have been wiped from the face of the earth long ago by Satan. Still, individually, some may die of old age and sickness during the "great tribulation" or, like our brothers in Malawi, from persecutions.

No, the Bible does not promise that Satan will let up on his testing of each one of us during the coming "tribulation," but are we not comforted to know that Jehovah God will not forget us if we fall into death because of our faithful service to him then?

The protection of us, asagroup, will continue right on through the destruction of Babylon the Great and the war at Har–Magedon into the New Order.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The whole group protection perspective never sat well with me. Although it refers to JWs collectively, if something were to happen and 6,999,999 JWs were wiped out, the fact that 1 JW survived would mean that Jehovah is protecting his people, as a group.

I knew a bus load of faithful JWs who sacrificed so much of their life to participate in extended service that plunged to their death when their bus went off the side of a cliff. When a group of "worldly witnesses" were in a terrible car accident after a night a partying and all survived most speculated that there were protected for a reason, as in Jehovah as some special work he wanted them to perform.

No matter how you slice it, it doesn't add up.

• minimus
    minimus

Saying that the group is protected is simply BS. If the group means an entire 7 million group, yeah, I can see why someone can believe God will protect them, just as I might say that God will protect Catholics, as a group from perishing. Sure, whatever.

• zarco
    zarco

Moshe - good point. If only the witness god would prove as generous. I hold out hope that he is, my hope is fading somewhat.

( wait, I wasn't a JW anymore when I did that!)
  • blondie
    blondie

Just reporting, min, not supporting. So you think I support this WTS opinion,I hope not.

• minimus
    minimus

Of course not Blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit