Why Do JWs Say Jehovah Protects His People & Then Claim "Time & Unforseen Occurences"?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Because!..

................ ...OUTLAW

• wobble
    wobble

I remember an experience they gave about how a guy was praying for answers to God, coz a big TV had fallen on his kid and killed the poor child.

They said an Angel guided a JW to this man, I thought at the time that it would have been a helluva lot better if that powerful Angel had caught the telly.what an unfeeling and capricious God Jehovah must be !

Love

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

Good point, Wob.

• zoiks
    zoiks

It's just silly. I know people who will claim evidence of Jah's direction in every tiny aspect of their lives. We found a great deal on airline tickets! Jah's direction. We found a good deal on an apartment! Jah's direction. I found a $10 bill in my jeans pocket! Jah's direction.

All those people getting whacked by terrorists and natural disasters, accidents, and the like? Time and unforeseen occurrence. I guess Jah was too busy helping a JW find a good parking spot at the grocery store...

• In
    In

It's only spiritual protection. Go read the Watchtowers that mention it carefully. While they might tell experiences about physical protection, it is because that was necessary to ensure the line of spiritual food.

• moshe
    moshe

Personal protection/help from God appears to be a bogus idea- for any religion. One the the biggest churches in southern California is pleading for $900,000 in emergency donations, because 10% of it's membership is out of work, which is pretty close to the national unemployment rate. What does this seem to show? Perhaps, that God does not offer any special help to his believers and they suffer misfortune at the same rates at unbelievers. Which leads to the next question, does praying do any good at all? You be the judge of that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They do not claim that God protects them in their daily lives...They take their chance like the rest of mankind.

If someone is necessary to complete an assignment, like smuggling WTs into the old Iron Curtain countries, then provided he survives, they say that God must have helped him. If he gets caught then they say that he must have completed what God wanted done...............

Of course individuals often claim divine help ...but that is just what individuals like to think

• zoiks
    zoiks

In - welcome!

• moshe
    moshe
    -It's only spiritual protection

I think that goes along with, Jesus' invisible second coming in 1914. You get all the help from God you need as long as it is "invisible help".

We have the invisible spirit anointing of the anointed remnant, the invisible F&DS, whom are unnamed, invisible spiritual help in the appointments of elders, invisible holy spirit guidance for the "new light" . Everything is invisible in WT land.

• In
    In

moshe: thanks for the laugh!

My next presentation should be, Good morning, I'm advertising for invisible land today. We have an invisible God with invisible direction and invisible love and invisible happiness. However, the money is not invisible, and the contribution boxes are at the back of the building. Won't you come with me to Invisible Happy Land?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit