Why Do JWs Say Jehovah Protects His People & Then Claim "Time & Unforseen Occurences"?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yep, having an invisible friend is very convenient.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They do that so that, either way, they can have a way to protect their delusion. If Jehovah supposedly protects His people, they can claim that it is the best place to be. Yet, when His protection fails, they can resort to the "time and unforseen occurrence" cop out to protect the delusion. To me, it is just another lame excuse to allow that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag to dog His self-assigned job of protecting His people and still get praise.

• moshe
    moshe

I'm gald you liked my "funny", In. JW's also rely heavily on the invisible help of the Holy Spirit to help the JW's in need- you know the elderly, without financial support, those pesky needy widows who don't have car, the down and out JW's who have lost their jobs, ect. Yes, instead of tangible-$$-charity from the WT Society or the KH, you get unlimited help from the Holy Spirit- that invisible, "meat in due season", the tasty, but does not satisfy kind. -and if you complain then that makes you out to be ungrateful just like the Jews who wanted more than manna.

• zarco
    zarco

Jehovah has a lot of explaining to do if he is real. He has let great people die, he has harmed the innocent, he has not answered very simple prayers like "please keep my family safe". Very often as a witness we are taught to ask, "if it was within your power to do this of that, wouldn't you" and the answer is supposed to be "yes". But this jehovah character chooses not to do so. What a messed up god. I hope that he has an explanation, I suspect that he is not real and if he is does not have a good answer.

As L4P noted, I have trouble with the guy....

I have trouble with this sort of God who is lauded as the one who steps in and saves some and leaves others high and dry with no explanation
  • zarco
    zarco

Moshe - I realize that this post will sound arrogant but here it goes... we have helped the elderly, we have bought cars for those who needed them, we have employed those without jobs and have bought food and shelter for some (many food, few shelter). We did it because we wanted to do so and are glad that we did. But god (jehovah) would not step up and do what he is supposed to do. He really has some explaining to do. What a cruel person he appears to be.

Zarco

• blondie
    blondie

*** w07 12/15 p. 24 par. 11 No Weapon Formed Against You Will Succeed ***Yet, we are convinced that Jehovah will preserve his people as a group and look out for their welfare.—2 Kings 6:15-19.

*** Close to Jehovah chap. 7 p. 72 Protective Power—"God Is for Us a Refuge" ***

The promise of divine protection does not mean that Jehovah is obligated to work miracles in our behalf. No, our God does not guarantee us a problem-free life in this old system. Many faithful servants of Jehovah face severe adversities, including poverty, war, sickness, and death. Jesus plainly told his disciples that as individuals they might be put to death because of their faith.

Groups are protected but individuals are not.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Good question, I think it's simply convenient to say "time and unforseen occurence befall us all" yet at the same time Jesus says that God takes note when a sparrow falls.

The mind boggles.

• frankiespeakin
  • minimus
    minimus

"Groups are protected but individuals are not".....Some groups of JWs get into a car accident after leaving a Convention and are killed. What happened to "group protection"?

• blondie
    blondie

By group (as a group) the WTS does not mean 4 rather than 1 person; but rather the group means the organization of 7,000,000 plus people that although even 100 people die the organization (group) still persists.

I think you know that minimus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit