New here-question about calls from the elders

by hoggieman 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoggieman
    hoggieman

Hi all,

I have been looking around here for a while but this is my first post. My wife and I have been fading not so smoothly. I pretty much know this is not the “truth” but am still undecided how I feel on various issues and I am still sorting them out. Anyway, our private life turned public and I ended up telling my hardcore JW mom and sister about my doubts. They of course freeked out because my dad was an elder, left and was vocal about his doubts to them… I have been pretty clear with my mom on my glaring issues. Anyway, my point: My mom called my uncle the PO of my hall about me. He has been calling and wants to talk, but I have heard you should not say anything to them. The problem is it is my uncle…and I don’t think I can avoid him forever so I was gonna call him back. But just not sure what to say. I was going to try to keep it as generic as possible…but just not sure how to go about that. I am not ready to get df’d…since I seriously have not even decided where I stand.

Thanks for your input.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Tell them you would like to talk but you are going through some personal matters and need your privacy respected but that you are relying on Jah and reading the publications, reading the bible, and praying ble ble ble and that you will talk to them when you are comfortable but to not make things worse.

wac - Former Elder, Former Bethelite

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In a rare moment I agree with WAC. Take the attention away

• watson
    watson

If you say you are having some doubts, make sure you clarify that they are doubts about god, not "the organization!" It will go easier for you.

• yknot
    yknot

Well for starters you probably should have posted this in the private/members section......

That said.....being he is family, that you don't wanna be DFd.......

Do what WAC says or LIE YOUR ARSE OFF by telling him whatever it is he wants to hear.....

I don't know what you said.....so that is all I can give ya.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

no kidding...we should celebrate since in 2012 we shall all be dead or be cloned into the NA'VI and live on Pandora.

• watson
    watson

I think you may have lost "wha happened" on that one WAC.

• finallysomepride
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome. I agree with WAC.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

If you aren't sure where you stand regarding your future in the religion, your first mistake was confiding in anyone who is an active JW, let alone two of them. JWs are horrible at keeping secrets, afraid God will kill them for it.

So to diffuse the situation, tell your uncle that you really don't have doubts per se (that you were misunderstood by your family members), you just have questions and are ernestly seeking answers to them through WT-approved pubs. He'll "encourage" you to go back to meetings (if you've stopped) whereby you can either go and keep quiet while you get things straight in your head, or pull the Conscience card on them and tell them you know where the KH is and you'll be there when you can.

All that may work for awhile. Eventually, you'll either have to step up your fading or tell them all to back off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit