New here-question about calls from the elders

by hoggieman 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I'd try to defuse the situation quickly myself.

Get 'super spiritual'. Say you were having a bad day, had a few drinks maybe, and felt like King David when he was discouraged and tired and said yada yada yada... but the Watchtower of ??? about discouragement 2 years ago really helped you refocus and you feel much better now. You feel like so many of Jah's servants in the past that suffered from momentary doubts and fatigue but he's helped you shake it off!

Smooth things out, put people's minds at ease, then just start your slow fade after the heat's off.

But that's just me.

• hoggieman
    hoggieman

Hi everyone, had “the chat”. Went about as well as it could: told me my mom called and was concerned, asked if I need a shepherding call, told him we just had one, yes it was pretty vanilla and did not ask my questions..but the kids were misbehaving and was not really the time, told him I was a little off base telling my mother what I did because I have not resolved these issues yet myself, I have questions and uncertainties but I am looking at WT crap, studding the bible and praying a lot (this is actually all true). He said he was there to help in anyway and would like to come by for a shep. call. I thanked him and let him know I am still sorting this out and would let him know if I would like that to happen. I believe he is sincere and wanted to help…he is a nice man.

5thGeneration: I wish I read your post before…citing a WT on discouragement and citing a biblical anecdote would have been perfect.

Billy the Ex-Bethelite: I pretty much told her everything. False prophesies (1914,1925,1975), new stance on blood killing people in the past, WT is blood guilty, new blood stance is not biblical, don’t disagree with many holidays, df’ing, crazy history of early Russell and Rutherford and how could they be chosen in 1919, did not think GB was gods channel, etc. Really way too much…and probably was not fair to my mom to hit her with this (happened over multiple emails and calls). Though she did keep pressing me to talk more…which is why so much came out. Anyway…I am going to call her and down play it so things do not get weird she is supposed to come up for a visit in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone for your help with this!

• flipper
    flipper

HOGGIEMAN- Lots of good advice from WAC and others on the board. Nothing to add but welcome ! And I sincerely hope things work out for you. Take care, hang in there

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sounds pretty good Hoggieman.

Discouragement and weakness is a fact of life for them but apostasy becomes a mission. Better to let it die down now before it snowballs and you're in a spot you don't want to be.

JMHO

5th

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit