Typical JW Response

by Magwitch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Ask them to show you the scripture where Jesus said I was hungry and you gave me a magazine.

• I quit!
    I quit!

By the way I think it is great that you are doing that on New Years Eve. Only a JW would find fault with someone trying to do something nice for the needy.

• chickpea
    chickpea

thank YOU, magwitch and offspring
    for humane and compassionate labors....

as for the rest of it....
    well i wont disrespect your relatives
    but i sure think their attitudes suck
    in the major leagues.....

• dissed
    dissed

I'm surprised she didn't quote JC saying "you will always have the poor". A long time Pioneer quoted that to me in why we don't as JW's help the needy.

I've known well many long-time Pioneers and that is exactly how they feel. Its THEY, who are doing the only worthwhile work, saving mankind from JG's destruction, and guaranteeing their own survival through Armageddon. And when you think about it, they must take this attitude to follow blindly what the WTS directs them to do.

If you are truly a giving person, your heart would move you to help others in need. So they need an excuse not to help. "We are too busy doing the 'lords' work"

Of course, they probably spend more time watching TV than Pioneering. But that's different they would add. "We are refreshing ourselves to serve JG more fully"

You can't win an arguement with them, when they are so blinded by their own 'self righteousness'.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What I don't understand is what's so urgent about preaching, if it has been more than 135 years and counting. A soup kitchen might prevent one or two deaths, and a number of illnesses, right now. If you instead handed them the rags, they would have to conform their lives and then themselves waste their time going from door to door doing the exact same work. And, they would have to keep it up for their whole lives, while yet others are going into the cancer. On the other hand, if they never got the rags and died, they would have had the resurrection hope.

All they are doing is setting up people for an adverse judgment. Now, instead of minding their own business, they are going to have to waste their whole lives on this campaign. Meanwhile, the end is never coming in anyone's lifetime (that is just a scam to keep us all compliant with religions). For this reason, I think the stupid thing would have been to go out in field circus handing out wastes of paper.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

A JW couple I knew became foster parents so they could get custody of her 8 year old half brother who was living in a Catholic orphanage.

When their congregation PO found out, he advised them to stop the proceedings and said "adopting kids is not how we save people, we do it by going door to door".

According to him, little bro was just SOL and the couple should spend their time more wisely in the door to door work.

They did not heed his advice.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

simple: Because this type of love is unconditional.

Yes I am good.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Incredible but I am not surprised either. The WT is clearly opposed to good works.

I think you should respond to you mum's question Why would you do something as stupid as that?

Start here...

James 2:14-26 (New International Version)

Faith and Deeds
    14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Blessings,

Stephen

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Pretty well covered, but just to add:

Mom: Why would you do something as stupid as that?

Me: They asked Jesus to divide up some loaves and some little fishes, but he never returned their call.

OR Me: Because it's less stupid than knocking on doors for hours a day when nobody is home and occasionally offering false hopes to people just to enrich the WT corporation.

• nugget
    nugget

Well done you. You and your daughters are doing something truly self sacrificing for others and they are learning true christian values. This should help them to see the contrast between good works and watchtower busy fools.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit