Typical JW Response

by Magwitch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

ASphere, here is a quote that brother was using..."it's your choice but..."

*** w66 7/1 pp. 415-416 Questions From Readers ***Some Christians have viewed childlessness or the having of fewer children to be a circumstance allowing them more time for the service of Jehovah God. Childless couples, for instance, do not have the responsibilities that go with the rearing of children and thus have greater opportunities to expend their time and energies in the direct pursuit of Kingdom interests.—Matt. 6:33.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Hypothetical combined question:

Mom: Why would you do something as stupid as that? Then quotes JC saying "you will always have the poor".

Me: Yes, he said that... he also took every opportunity to help the poor and hungry.. why, is the Society now telling us that we can pick and choose what parts of JC's behaviour we want to emulate?

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Similar story: My mom and I drove past a church group providing sandwiches and milk to the homeless outside the mission, and she said "Well, they won't be hungry for a few hours, but they'll still die at Armageddon."

Heartless. This religion teaches them to be heartless, then rewards them for it.

• Mary
    Mary

Yes Midwitch, it's appalling how against charitable works the Witnesses are. Years ago when I was still going, I would make a batch of soup up on a weekly basis and took it to a Soup Kitchen. The elders told me flat out that it was a waste of my time and energy. After all, why would I want to do something like help to feed the hungry when a Craptower magazine tastes so much better?? BTW, good for you for showing your daughter what true charity is all about.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm sure you understand they don't feel they're wasting their time anymore than you think you're not waisting yours.

Two different schools of thought; they feel they're teaching people how to fish, and you prefer to just hand out the fish to people. Both acts produce some good, so more power to you both in your 'good' deeds.

They shouldn't have called your actions 'stupid', though. I sure don't agree with that. By that expression, they sure didn't put into practice what the Bible teaches about refraining the tongue.

I've caught some JW relatives talking down to non-JW relatives about their charity work, and I have to remind the JWs that we must treat all with respect, even if we have more liberties with them as they're family.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit