" Millions Now Living Will Never Die" Ray Franz Thoughts from " Crisis of C "

by flipper 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Hello Flipper,

The Witchtower Babel and Trick Society will do anything to make

their members feel special. They have been lied to and mislead

for over 100 years and still they fall for all of this verbal garbage.

They are like the scare crow in the Wizard of Oz and they don't

have the balls or the brains to look behind the curtain.

Sour Grapes

• flipper
    flipper

SOUR GRAPES - Good points you make. The reason the witnesses keep falling for this " garbage " is as you know they are under the influence of " cult mind control". The reason they don't have the brains to look into the REAL truth about the WT society is because their brains have been stolen from them by the WT society. There is an empty void inside their skulls. It's like a " critical thinking " lobotomy has been performed on each individual JW. Really sad

• djmac1031
    djmac1031

I disticntly remember when the WTS started changing their "interpretation" of "The Generation that would NOT pass away" and realizing how they were making these adjustments because their 1914 date was starting to look down right SILLY as the decades wear on.

Its just a matter of time before they change it again, and its also just a matter of time before they change the 144,000 interpretation too, or do they think no one among their ranks can do MATH and see how the number of 'annointed partakers" at the Memorial is actually INCREASING?

• flipper
    flipper

DJMAC1031- Welcome to the board ! Good points you make. You would think that other JW's are starting to notice the WT society is scrambling to figure out how to keep saying they are in the " last days " - allegedly. I hope the number of partakers spikes to like 20,000 or 30,000 each year just to see how the WT society sweats trying to prove why it's happening ! LOL! That would be hilarious to watch

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

Unfortunately, most witnesses are clueless of their own religion. They accept anything printed in the Watchtower magazine as gospel. The "generation" understanding can be reworked over and over and the great majority will accept it as new 'revealed truth.' Most witnesses I speak with do not even care to understand the current understanding of the "generation." They still believe the "generation" is comprised of all those alive in 1914 and that that generation will see the End. Almost everyone says, "The anointed are getting so old and they MUST be there at the start of the Great Tribulation. The end HAS to be around the corner - they are just all so old." They will not even really notice the extra word in "Millions Now Living May Never Die." How clueless many are was revealed when a sister was disfellowshipped. A recently baptised sister asked out loud after the meeting, "What do you mean I can't speak to her? She's my friend and she is so sweet and nice, I can't imagine not speaking to her or not saying hello." That newly baptised sister never realized what disfellowshipping actually meant - even after going through the questions with the elders. Honestly, the great majority of witnesses don't understand nor care to understand the history of the WTBS. We on this board can be considered scholars of WTBS compared to the millions of clueless JWs.

• flipper
    flipper

LOST in TRANSLATION- Very true what you say. Most witnesses are so lazy they won't do any research anymore. It's not like the old days when many actually read the magazines or prestudied for the Watchtower study. As you mention- they just accept everything from the WT society on blind faith thinking that they are God's spokesmen. The rank and file witness does not want to think for themselves . They are programmed to let the society do all their thinking. I agree- We on the board know a hell of a lot more about the WT organization than probably most circuit overseers or elders

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Upon further review, thanks to JWN posters, it does seem that there was a "Millions Now Living MAY Never Die" campaign in the 1920's but they got carried away and printed all that "WILL Never Die" stuff and ran with that in their talks. WTS, now unsurprisingly to me, continues to re-write their own history and focus only on the "MAY Never Die" stuff.

Regardless, they trotted this stuff out in the 1980's as mentioned and they will trot it out again. It's just the same old story that JW's need to feel the imminence of the Big A. I know that was the case for me, and I started waking up when they took the imminence away.

I know much more now about WT doctrines and history as an internet reader than I ever knew as an elder.

WTS is in a huge catch-22 situation now. They put 1925 behind them and are putting 1975 behind them, but they need that imminence in order to retain JW's. Now, the anti-JW movement (us) will keep putting their past failures in the limelight if they dare to name a new end-date.

This "Millions" article is a great example. They trot it out "like it has some magical meaning" now, but we jump all over it to reveal how they misuse it. While JW's generally do not think for themselves, it is getting dangerous for them to bring up their own past.

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Exactly. It is getting dangerous for ANY JW to bring up their own past as they are discouraged from even researching old WT material. Because it's obsolete- replaced by the alleged " new light ". Personally I feel the WT society has cracks all throughout their " new lightbulbs " and are grasping at straws to retain members. The longer it goes with no Armageddon, the harder it will be to retain members

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this up if any weekenders haven't seen it and wanted to comment

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I had only just finished correcting the text of this subject in an Australian newspaper archive when I spotted this thread.

http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/4574450?searchTerm=Judge+Rutherford#pstart438583

The Argus, Melbourne, Vic. Saturday 30 October 1920, Page 6

"END OF THE WORLD."

PROPHESIED FOR 1925.

Much interest was evinced in the visit
    to J Edinburgh this week (reports the
    "Weekly Scotsman" of September 4) of
    Judge Rutherford, New York, president of
    thee Iinternational Bible Students' Associa-
    tion. Who is at present engaged on a lectur-
    ing tour in this country discussing the ful-
    filment of Biblical prophesies. He ad-
    dressed a large audience in the Usher Hall,