" Millions Now Living Will Never Die" Ray Franz Thoughts from " Crisis of C "

by flipper 33 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Of course this has been hashed and re-hashed as all of you know the Feb. 15th WT is re-directing JW's to read the title of Rutherford's talk as " Millions now living MAY Never die. " However in reading Crisis of Conscience a second time - I found it interesting to see what Ray Franz said about this quote.

Remember he wrote this book in 1983 , so keep it in mind when reading his quotes about this " Millions " quote. On pg. 193 he states, " Although the Society occasionally employs the catchy slogan " Millions now living will never die ", and calls attention to the fact that Witness membership now surpasses the three million mark, they gloss over an obvious misrepresentation. The claim that " Millions now living will never die " was NOT made to people living in the 1980's. It was made to people in the FIRST HALF OF THE 1920's. Only a fraction of the three million plus members of Jehovah's Witnesses were living then. Only if there were today more than two million Witnesses around 70 years of age or older could there be any pretense that the prediction was in ANY WAY substantiated . " Franz continues, " 1925, on which prediction and slogan were based, proved EMPTY of ALL the things foretold. The teaching was WITHOUT SUBSTANCE, mere fluff , PROPHETIC FANTASY. "

So here today- We STILL see the WT society referring to this " Millions Now Living Will Never Die " quote like it has some magical meaning ! So if the witnesses were 70 or so back in 1983, now they'd have to be 97 years old ! I don't think there are " millions " of 97 year old Jehovah's Witnesses tooling around last I checked, except Barr on the GB perhaps ! Bottom line is the WT society has always pulled dates out of their hind ends trying to make predictions of prophecy. And they are STILL doing it out of desperation to keep rank and file witnesses dialed into the WT society's decieving schemes ! So it's the same old tricks they try to pull in duping members. Just throw a bunch of numbers out like darts at a dart board and see which ones stick. Only problem is that- the witnesses are getting the darts thrown at them - AND THEY DON"T KNOW IT !

So what do you folks think about Ray Franz's quote ? Isn't it interesting that the more time that goes by in the WT society- the more things stay the same as far as their tactics ? As always I look forward to your takes and opinions. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Millions Now Living Will Never Die " quote like it has some magical meaning !

Every "Brain Fart" the WBT$ comes out with..

Has Magical meaning for a JW..

"Special Talk"..

"Special Announcement"..

"Announcement of the Special Announcement"..

"It`s all Crap!!"..

................... ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes the Millions now living may never die marketing propaganda has come back out of the closet to be reworked again.

When the WTS cant rely on anything new to think up, they occasionally return to old fodder.

Some marketing schemes in the past were quite effective in catching peoples attention and this was just one

of them, must remember too this was also to support a book published by the WTS.

I'm speculating that they have taken in the consideration that when that original public address and book

came out back in the 20's, that most of todays JWS weren't around and most likely will think

this is the first time this proclamation have been introduced to the public.

Yep they're up to their old dirty tricks .

• thetrueone
  • yknot
    yknot

What I find the most disturbing is the lack of forsight on the WTS's part........

When I look back of the history of the Org.....current ongoings just screams Rutherford 1917-1926.

Of course time, people and culture has greatly changed in comparison, the WTS cannot afford to pull a 1928! Yet they also cannot afford to continue riding on past interpretations and expect to stay relevent and financially viable.

Frankly I am torn over the last few years rhetoric of bringing up 'foundational' publications, is this the results of stupidity of the highest order or the work of the 'secret apostate' who is wooing the old-dogs into sipping koolaid from their youths while hoping the rest of everybody wakes up and says WTF????.....Because this crap 'date' things in a negative light considering their ability to be read via google books, archive.org and lots of private sites, recent 'noo-light', and the passing into the 21st century and less than 5 years from 2014.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In countries where there is high use of the inter-net, there is the possibility of coming across old literature published by the WTS.

and this is where the WTS is playing a dangerous game of sorts.

Bringing into the mindset of todays JWS of what the WTS was publishing 80 years ago may actually have a backfiring effect

in that it highlights the commercial publishing aspect of which this faith is really based on.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You got to hand it to Rutherford though he knew what would sell and as always a guy with a bible

in his hand is always considered trust worthy and noble.

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- Exactly. Every idea the WT society has is a " brain fart "- precisely. Love your fat bastard picture. I love the Austin Powers movies !

THE TRUE ONE- Thanks for the link. Appreciate it. I agree with you. The WT society CANNOT rely on anything new- as they haven't GOT anything new , so they have to bring up old thinking and rewrite their history using old crap from their old magazines. I do agree that it very well could come up and bite them in the behind as so many people all over the world have the internet to research and see if they are telling the truth or duping people. It should be interesting to see what the next few years brings.

YKNOT- I know the WT society cannot afford to re-hash and go back to older doctrines and numerical dates - but what else do they have ? Nothing ! So that's why at first I was angry to see the " Millions Now living " talk brought up but now I'm GLAD they are bringing up old articles like " Millions now living Will, er, MAY never die " because it might start getting some to think about HOW LONG this junk has been fed to them. I hope we keep seeing more and more newbies join this board and get their minds free again

• pat1060
    pat1060

I haven't seen the WT with the millions quote in it.But I went back and read the history.I doubt if any one know the jws thought the resurrection was going to happen by 1925 with all the faithful men of old that are mentioned in Hebrews.What is so amazing is that they tied in Bible prophesy and the seventy jubilees of 50 years each to reach 1925.This was more exciting then 1975.It was for sure,not just a "how fitting."But in the history books it is hardly mentioned.What could they possibly have to say now.....they cover up so much.The RF don't even know how they are being lied to.....My sister gets all excited when ever there is a talk the makes it sound like A is right now...I can't wait to tell her a few things....She doesn't even know any of this....I read COC about 13 years ago,but I didn't really get into it much,because it was a tool of the devil.But now the second time I'm getting so more out of it...Thanks Mr. Flipper for an interesting post...

• flipper
    flipper

PAT 1060- I hear you. I've gotten a lot more out of reading " Crisis " the second time around also. It is amazing to me as well how the WT society keeps pulling these dates out of the hat so to speak and try tosling numbers up on the chalkboard trying to make them stick and apply to the alleged " Armageddon " or alleged " last days". I do hope you are able to help your sister see some of these things. I'm glad it's been of assistance to you. If all of us help our JW relatives then maybe they will get freed from the mind control in time of the WT society

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit