Surprise ! Surprise ! 2015 Arrives and NO Armageddon or World's " End " - Go Figure

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    "definite" in Watchtower-ese basically means they're going to fling some bovine residue and see what sticks.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point. I remember being a very young boy at a Thursday meeting and the PO saying that we can't put a date on it but we can say for definite that we are in the final decade. That was in the early 70s

Yes I remember that as well. Pictures of buildings falling on to people was seen by JWS including children.

Teens as myself dropping out of schools, young married couples withholding having children  etc. 

Of course this came about because of the proclamation that the end of the world come within the generation that witnessed the events of 1914. There certainly was a lot of fear and anxiety in the air around Kingdom Halls at those times.

The WTS. leaders such as N Knorr and F Franz knew what they were doing was enhancing interest to the organization's publications, being wholesomely honest about what they were doing was a lessening concern.   

Probably the most prominent falsely created doctrine by the WTS. but nevertheless notably valuable as to attract attention to its publications was that of Jesus taking throne in heaven in 1914 and has since looked upon all mankind to see if they are to be chosen to live through Armageddon and onto a earthly paradise. 

Not being a faithfully devoted member of their organization (Jehovah's) by their own postulations meant individuals would be killed by god more or less, even being member of another Christian organization would result in the probable death of those participating individuals.. 

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

What amazes me most about 'life time dubs' is their almost unanimous unwillingness to even broach the subject of the failure---no big A. It's as if they are afraid to speak about their deep disappointment. Because they are afraid. I know from my own experience that there exists much bitterness toward the wtbts for it's convoluted bs that must be accepted as "troof." or else. Geez we were stupid! Well at least we have awakened and are free at last. 

Happy new year to all and a very prosperous rest of your life!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I am glad the Big A did not come.  Got to see all those star war movies, star trek TV shows and movies, Avatar, new planet of the apes movies and the big one I got to see the Tampa Bay Buc's  win the super bowl in 2002.  LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL.

I remember those who sold their homes back in early 70's and went out in service until 1975.  I saw the big let down of those in the KH when 1976 came along.  When I questioned the Wt. to my father back then about what happened he got so mad at me and said if I keep talking like that Jehovah was going to kill me and they would never talk to me again.  That fear keep me in for many years to come.  A few months before my dad back in 2009 I said to him the GB has had to made a mistake about 1914.  He did not get mad but said they just can't be wrong.  Little did I know then he had only a few months to live.  He spent a good part of his life pushing their Maz. and living for a dream that will never come true.  As I have gotten older I now see what he thought was truth.  That truth was something he thought would make his life better and make his family better.  I can not fault him for that.  Little did he know there are so many other directions one could go to make there life better.  I only he could have seen that.

At any rate Happy New Year to you flipper and to all those who are on this board.  My wife and I have one of the best Holidays one could have.  Filled with lots of friends and good feelings. My wish for this new year is my son's will wake up and see what both my wife and I see and be free of one of the biggest Bull S--t Cults on earth.  Take Care.  Still Totally ADD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I will go out on a limb and make a prediction that I would unhesitatingly share with any JW:

Armageddon is not going to come anytime soon. In fact, it will never come in your lifetime.

Everyone you now know will die and so will you.

So you're better off living your own life according to your desires and values. Do what is personally fulfilling to you and discard the delusions of a bunch of ignorant old men in Brooklyn, men that lack the honesty and humility to admit that they have no idea when Jesus meant.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Great post flipper.    I didn't live thru "stay alive till 75".    But it sounds like it was exciting times in jw land.    Stuff is pretty stale now.       At least in my area it is. Mostly older folks hoping to see the big A before they die.   

Iggy 

• watson
    watson
    I will go out on a limb here and say that each of us will experience our own Armageddon, eventually.
  • bafh
    bafh
    I was with my grandparents this morning and they were just talking about how disappointed they were that the nothing happened in 2014 and how they have been expecting the end since the 70s. They are in the late 80s, and I wonder if there is not a sense of doubt and regret.
  • jwleaks
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately end of the world cults or Jesus has returned, is going to continue on particularly in the US where these organizations develop and flourish behind the freedom of religion political stature.

There is just too much money and connecting power to be had enticing people to endeavor themselves in.

It is also accepted acknowledge that any money donated and acquired by these activities, does not have to be returned to those who offered the money to these religious institutions , they can simply use the money for their own personal use or just create another religious charity with a different name and identity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit