Surprise ! Surprise ! 2015 Arrives and NO Armageddon or World's " End " - Go Figure

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Putting together the other entailing doctrines that this organization propagated upon in its history, in that all other Christian based religions are false and therefore have not been chosen by god as its solemnly chosen organization, we instead are true worshiping representatives of god in preaching the gospel.

Jesus is now looking down upon all humanity to see whether or not they are acceptable to be saved in the soon to come final day of Armageddon.   

There so many connecting doctrines that the WTS made up to allure people toward their organization where they can be duly exploited for their expressive support and means.    

I guess that's part of a creating a religion around yourself, you have to BS and excite emotions into people to create their engaging supportive involvement . 

"Stay alive until 75"  to quote the WTS.   

• erandir
    erandir

What amazes me most about 'life time dubs' is their almost unanimous unwillingness to even broach the subject of the failure---no big A. It's as if they are afraid to speak about their deep disappointment. Because they are afraid. I know from my own experience that there exists much bitterness toward the wtbts for it's convoluted bs that must be accepted as "troof." or else. Geez we were stupid! Well at least we have awakened and are free at last. 

Happy new year to all and a very prosperous rest of your life!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!  Never doubt it, never question it, or he just won't show up no matter how long you waited faithfully.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1
    Happy 2015, everyone!

I survived the 1975 debacle as a preteen.  I was scared that I wasn't good enough to survive Armageddon.  When it didn't happen, I saw many people leave the cult.   That was the beginning of losing my religion (not the REM song, for those old enough to remember it).  I was completely out by the time I was 15.

It's encouraging to me to see so many great people on this site who have survived the same negative experience that I have.  We all owe a big "thank you" to Simon and Angharad for more than a decade of supporting this site and the cause of everyone who has been harmed by exposure to the activities of the Watchtower corporations.  

Flipper, I love your posts, including the one that started this thread.  Happy New Year!

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the replies !

FINKELSTEIN-  Personally I think not only the JW religion but MANY religions think they have the right religion. Otherwise- why would they be in it ? But just because JW's or others CLAIM to have a direct pipeline to " God " doesn't make it so. And whether or not Jesus is looking down on humanity right now ? I rather doubt it. If he was he'd be pretty pissed off by what he sees. I think Jesus just predicted " the end " only for the Jews in 70 C.E. by the Romans within THAT generation ( 37 years later ) which did occur in 70 C.E. - I do not believe that prediction had any further application or fulfillment. Just my opinion. Religions have found it USEFUL to MAKE it have a fulfillment in our day in order to instill fear and guilt into church members so they can be more easily controlled by a future alleged " Armageddon " It's used as a marketing and control tool only to keep people in line.

ERANDIR- EXACTLY. JW's are not allowed to question if " Armageddon " is even REAL or not. They just believe it is due to WT Society interpretation of scriptures. That's why so many JW's live and dies falling upon the swords of their delusional beliefs- they NEVER receive what's promised from the WT Society- because it's NOT REAL. It NEVER was.

SKEETER- Happy New Year back to you !

144001- Hey thanks very much. Thanks for the kind words. I was 16 yrs.old in 1975 and I saw all the excitement over the date like you did. C.O.'s and D.O.'s getting so emotional over the platform about it that you thought they'd blast right out of their shoes and fly off to heaven or something ! LOL. I mean- these guys were OVER the TOP ! Crazy assertions would be made like " this is our last assembly in this system of things " in 1974 and the JW's were just eating this stuff up ! But then came the big letdown and from 1976 to 1978 the JW organization saw an actual decrease and people started jumping ship . Unfortunately it didn't last because of hard a$$ GB members like Ted Jaracz going into Bethel as a GB member trying to " clean house " by DFing Ray Franz in 1980 and other sane people- then a hard, stiff, rigid regime got set in place in the early 1980's which continues 35 years later today ! The mind control is incredible how it's duped JW's 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit