Surprise ! Surprise ! 2015 Arrives and NO Armageddon or World's " End " - Go Figure

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Well, well. I guess 99.9 % of ex-JW's here could have predicted as much . Armageddon didn't happen in 1914. It didn't happen in 1925. It didn't happen in 1975. And it did NOT happen in 2014. Since the WT Society first predicted a world's end when their organization started in 1879 - 126 years have passed which according to any Dictionary in ANY human language 126 years comprises of 4 separate generations each totaling 30 years each. Plus 6 years into a 5th generation. So much for the WT Society's 2 overlapping " generation theory " eh ?

Here's the deal- we as former Jehovah's Witnesses in this new year of 2015 are able to look at this and say " WOW " ! How FREE we feel to pursue our lives that were stunted when we were JW's as we were NOT able to pursue interests or hobbies or careers that took TOO much time away from the Jehovah's Witnesses work . The WT Society wanted to control ALL of our time. That is no longer the case. So personally for me- the fact that " Armageddon " is an unreality has been a HUGE load off of my shoulders. There is no big bad power in the sky who is going to obliterate the planet.  Won't happen , hasn't happened.

Now contrast that though with IF you were still a JW. Or the JW's who are still actively serving the needs of the WT Society.  Can you imagine 80 to 90 year olds who have been lied to for 60 or 70 years now and another year passes closer to their deaths- with NO paradise, no Armageddon ? How do you think they feel in their private thoughts ? They can't TALK about their doubts as they will be called disloyal to the WT Society ! But what about the WT Society being DISLOYAL to all of the JW followers all these 126 years ? What about the WT Society actually being snake oil salesmen who have INTENTIONALLY deceived 8 million JW's to further their own organization for financial purposes while claiming like chicken little , " The sky is falling ! The sky is falling " ! And it NEVER falls. The end never comes. Who holds the WT Society ACCOUNTABLE for those deceptions and lies ? In truth- actually EVERYBODY should hold WT leaders accountable. But typical JW's are in captivity their entire lives and will continue to live in FEAR of an imaginary " Armageddon " - which will never occur. What a WASTE of lives. And that's how the WT Society likes it and WANTS it to continue - to put " Kingdom ( WT Society ) interests first and foremost- NOT JW's personal needs or interests.

I woke up this morning thanking my lucky stars for having my freedom here entering into 2015 . How about you folks ? How do you feel. Any thoughts on anything I've written here ? What are your thoughts on this subject ? A very Happy New Year's to all of my friends here, may 2015 usher in freedom of mind and more fulfillment of your dreams in a good way ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Armageddon did happen... invisibly. All things have occured just as WT predicted. If you can't see it, obviously you lack faith in "Jehovah's Organization".

Evidence is only for the weak.

BTW- if my math is correct, 1879-2015 is 134 years.

You are more righter than you thought, Flipper. LOL. 

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good observation Flipper !

The point being is that the WTS did in fact promote mankind is living in the last days or "End of Times", Jesus has taken his heavily throne (1914) and is now judging people to their worthiness of get approved by Jesus for entrance to a paradise earth.  The words of manipulation and exploitation could be applied to the operations of the WTS. with due correctness.

Corruption done so with outward appealing virtuosity.

To people who have inquiring minds as to the validity of the WTS. expressed doctrines, they can see a formation of corrupt commercially advantageous doctrines presented by the WTS. such as 1914 and all the other supposed dates created by the WTS.

Dating setting by man was actually admonished clearly in the bible by Jesus himself and perhaps that's why so few Christian based faiths have not created dates to when Jesus would return or blatantly out right say mankind is living in the last days a it were. 

Most Christian faiths profess that all adherent Christians are to live their lives each day as toward Jesus might return every day of living by humanity. 

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    Flipper my husband thinks like you.  He commented on the way to breakfast, the new world looks exactly the same as the old world.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Happy New Year Flipper!..

That was 40 years ago Bud..

I remember people selling their homes,going to where the need was greater Pre-1975..

Then Nothing..

A Big Fat "WBT$ Nothing",that didn`t even have a cherry on top.....WTF was up with that?!..LOL!!..

I was supposed to be able to Pet Lions and Talk to Blueberrys..

All I got was 40 years older..I did that by myself!..LOL!!..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When one gathers together all of the proclaiming propagations from this organization you can many self supporting inherent directives to lure people toward the organization with appealing intent.  It actually exploited the basic belief in the bible from the general public to cultivate and subdue their power and control over people and they did so intently by the proliferation of their own published works.

Such as how they demeaned other Christian faiths and pointed them out as false religions lend by Satan. In reality they themselves created their own false teachings in the accumulative process.  

• karter
    karter
    pre 1975 if you had  said the system will  be here in 2015 you would be called apostate!!
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Outlaw:  I was supposed to be able to Pet Lions and Talk to Blueberrys..

You still can, brother. Don't wait on WT's utopia to make your dreams come true.

p.s. Move slowly, don't antagonize the lion or look it directly in the eye. On the other hand, blueberries are completely safe. 

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Flipper

I went through the 1975 debacle. We were told that the ''end '' was near and anyone that was not baptized would not see PARADISE. I was baptized in 1974 at a young age of 14.  I remember brothers and sisters selling their homes and businesses to make themselves busy as the end drew near. 

Forty-one years later as you have stated : NO Armageddon

COCA COLA : markets and sells soft drink products

The Beatles : market and sell c.d's, posters, t-shirts

New York Yankees : markets and sells tickets, t.v. rights, t-shirts, hats, and concessions

Ford Motor Company: markets and sells automobiles and trucks

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society : markets and sells books, magazines, and owner of BILLIONS OF DOLLARS of real estate. Receives large donations from 7 million members who in return receive the promise that they will survive ARMAGEDDON. The promise has been around since 1879 with generation after generation not seeing this glorious '' end of times.''

• cofty
    cofty
    pre 1975 if you had  said the system will  be here in 2015 you would be called apostate!! - Karter

Good point. I remember being a very young boy at a Thursday meeting and the PO saying that we can't put a date on it but we can say for definite that we are in the final decade. That was in the early 70s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit