CONVENTION PHOTO !!

by elder-schmelder 25 Replies latest jw friends

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

My grandparents just got back from the international convention in Africa. Does anyone have Pics of that?

elder-schmelder

• moshe
    moshe

Wasted lives- it's all downhill for these fresh-faced kids who stay in the grips of the WT organization.

• xmkx
    xmkx

I look at that picture and remember how that was the ONLY really enjoyable thing about conventions... you got to hang out with your friends and secretly admire the young "brothers" that you saw around, LOL. That's why the smiles on their faces are so big... it's one of the few events in their lives where they get to somewhat act like normal kids because the adults aren't paying nearly as much attention to them as they normally do.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

That's a good point xmkx.

elder-schmelder

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

The "brother" pointing to the camera with the I love myself smirk on his face will be the first to realize everyone in the hall talks shit behind his back because he thinks too much of himself....he will leave first. But not before he stops caring and F's a sister in the hall. Then others will ask him or start wondering why he left and then its like a domino effect...............they all fall down and realize everything is not as it seems............if its too good to be true it usually is!!

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I had the same read on the "brother" that is pointing. He looks like he will be in the elders room soon.

elder-schmelder

• cantleave
    cantleave

I had the same read on the "brother" that is pointing. He looks like he will be in the elders room soon.

He is probably the arrogant son of a COBE. He will do something wrong, it will be covered up and in a few years time he will become a judgemental, uncaring, despotic SOB Elder himself.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Shit it's so bloody weird! I have the same photos some where.

There seems to be carbon copies in every place on this planet.

xmkx

I repeat what u say with a slight chage

I look at that picture and remember how that was the ONLY really enjoyable thing about conventions... you got to hang out with your friends and secretly admire the young "sisters" that you saw around, LOL. That's why the smiles on their faces are so big... it's one of the few events in their lives where they get to somewhat act like normal kids because the adults aren't paying nearly as much attention to them as they normally do.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My parents have many photos of conventions from the 40s, 50s & 60s & I often have thought about how many are still in or if they were still in when they died.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

They are already rebellious. In the first picture, I count ZERO lapel badges. In the second, I see only TWO lapel badges. Don't they know the FDS tells you to wear that lapel badge so you can advertise your name and congregation to available singles advertise advertise advertise the king and his convention?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit