CONVENTION PHOTO !!

by elder-schmelder 25 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Anyone remember the 3 Palms area at Dodger Stadium, circa 1969, that was Thee hangout spot.

One young brother running a booth selling Ice for Coolers won the double-entendre award hands down. On a big banner he wrote-

JUGS Iced 10 cents.................

• Heaven
    Heaven

How long until this group of young adults see the truth?

I wonder how many already know. I had huge doubts and suspicions at this age. That was over 30 years ago. Crap! I'm gettin' old.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The photos bring back memories of how much of a generation gap there was at assemblies. By that I mean that you would see a lot of high-school age JWs walking around trying to catch the attention of the opposite sex. But you wouldn't see that many young 20 somethings. By that age they were married, disfellowshipped, or just stopped attending altogether.

I went to one day of the district convention last year as a favor to my parents. It was amazing to see the number of teenagers just walking around aimlessly and the gap in the 20-30 crowd. It never made an impression of me when I was a kid because I always kind of viewed myself as an adult, but going back now as a grown man, I could see the age gap clearly.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

NEJ, I also remember a gap, but in my case it was more noticeable in the 30-40 age group rather than the 20-30. Actually, I could see an overall gap in the 20-40 range. This particular range is pivotal for born-ins. It is where they are exposed to the world around them on their own terms. They get married and start a family in their 20s, and the connection between them and their parents forms a glue that keeps them around even when they're mentally missing. Once they reach their 30s, issues that have troubled them for many years begin to affect them and they look into them. This is the beginning of the end. The only reason it takes a few years from this period is the familial ties that are used as a threat slowing their exit, but not completely stopping it.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

When I was in Istanbul this past summer, we were in Topkapi Palace when a large group (30-40) people came through on a tour...all wearing JW convention name badges from the summer convention! Sheesh....can't even go on vacation without advertising.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I remember 3 palms designs...good times when you could block out the program speakers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit