Questions regarding my faith

by notknowing 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notknowing
    notknowing

If someone not knowing about God was to come and ask you about the Trinity. How would you answer.Many people have told me to look at an EGG. the outer shell,the yoke and embryo are all together. So that would define god,the son and the holy spirit as all 1.

also they would say to look at the SUN. how you can feel the heat, see the sun and the holy spirit would be the sun rays

This ia hard for me to understand because. Jesus clearly says "to pray to my father in heavens. and when jesus was baptised , that a voice from heaven said. This is my only begotten son. if the trinity was true. Why wouldnt jesus say . "pray to me" or the voice from heaven say" this is me sending of myself"

• notknowing
    notknowing

also about the cross.

My dad had once told me that the cross had emerged long after jesus death as a symbol for a certain king with the name strarting of a T. And that he made this symbol because of a war or something that was going on and to try and bring unity to the people and war.

I may be totally wrong with this but im just asking

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The cross is a total non-issue. It is fairly well established that the Romans nailed people to crosses. The Romans were "pagan" then and had no problem with any symbology behind the stake with a crossbeam. And that's all it was, a stake with a crossbeam. If a "plus" sign is similar to somebody's pagan "T" well there is not much anyone can do about it. Should you learn how to type your thoughts without the letter "t" in them?

Jusx imagine xhax. I bex you can'x do ix anyway. How far in xhe working world would you gex if you had xo avoid xhax lexxer?

Wixhoux proof, if you wanx xo insisx xhax ix was a sxake insxead of a cross, ix is sxill a non-issue. If you wanx xo say xhax honoring the symbol of Chrisx's deaxh is wrong, ix's a differenx issue enxirely. Bux ix's sxill such a minor issue.

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

I see the trinity as three people in one Godhead. So its the father, son, and the holy spirit. Their all of one diety, they come from the same spirit. But they are 3 different people. The father is the boss, Jesus is his son, and the holy spirit is the helper. That's the way I see it. It makes sense..........

• cantleave
    cantleave

About the cross v torture stake excellent thread started by a real language scholar

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/92381/1/The-facts-on-crucifixion-stauros-and-the-torture-stake

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

The concept of the trinity itself came from the pagans (as most other ideas). Maiden Mother Crone in Goddess worship. I'm not a scholar so I can't give you particulars, perhaps someone else can post that information. But if you are looking to avoid all things pagan you best just give up all together.

Ada

• cantleave
    cantleave

There are so many threads on the trinity here, if use the search function (above) you can gey more information than you could ever need.

• AdaMakawee
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

If someone not knowing about God was to come and ask you about the Trinity. How would you answer.

Are you an ex-JW?

If so, I would suggest reseaching WHAT the Trinity doctrine is all about, as taught by mainstream Christianity. Rid yourself of the false/strawman definition of the doctrine, as put forth by Watchtower. Their Trinity brochure completely misrepresents/distorts the Trinity doctrine, arguing against a strawman.

The following audio presentation does a good job of explaining WHAT the Trinity is, with a JW audience in mind. The speaker is lively and never boring. You'll need either RealPlayer or Media Player Classic to play these audio files.

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity.ram (Part I)

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity2.ram (Part II)

No matter what your personal beliefs are, once you listen to this audio recording, you'll be able to discuss the dotrine in an informed manner.

-LWT

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi and welcome!

If someone not knowing about God was to come and ask you about the Trinity. How would you answer.

Romans 8:9-11 (New International Version)

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

The Holy Spirit is described as the "Spirit of God" and also the "Spirit of Christ" in this verse. Note that the "Spirit of God" lives in the believer.

10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

This verse describes now described the "Spirit of God" which lives in the the believer as "Christ is in you".

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Same Spirit who raised Christ from the dead is His own Spirit John 10:18 John 2:19 and once again lives in the believer.

One God, the Father, one Son, one Holy Spirit (of both the Father and the Son), all described having the same function but each still being unique :)

also about the cross

The WT relies heavily on the fact that the original biblical Greek is stauros which can be translated stake, which is correct.

What they do not tell their followers is that the word also means pole or cross . There is no other Greek word for pole or cross but the WT keep quiet about that :(

The WT love to say the cross is a pagan symbol but they forget to tell their readers that the Romans were pagans and the crucifixion one of their methods of capital punishment.

The truth is the cross is THE symbol of salvation and the WT want to keep as many people fro salvation as possible.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit