Jehovahs Witness History ?

by exjw2814 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Great information. Thanks!

• reslight2
    reslight2

I believe CT Russel referred to himself as the 7th messenger of Revelation

Actually, no, Russell did not refer to himself as the 7th messenger. Many of the Bible Students did this, especially after Russell died.

I like to include that the freemason Russel also included occult/demonic teachings that included studies in the Great Pyramid that linked to Bible prophesy and that Pyramidology and Numerology are practices steeped in Occult.

Russell was never a member of the Freemasons' organization. Russell was not into any occult/demonic teaching. The Biblical study of the Great Pyramid is not demonic occultism, nor is it spiritistic numerology.

http://ctr.reslight.net/category/pyramidology

http://ctr.reslight.net/2009/12/20/numerology.html

• cantleave
    cantleave

The Biblical study of the Great Pyramid is not demonic occultism, nor is it spiritistic numerology.

You have got to be Joking. Since when has the examination of the Pyramidic structure been related to study of the bible? That's like me saying I am not using astrology but the constellations do give me an insight into the future and I can do this because the Pslams tell me to l"ook to heavens and see the glory of god".

The references Russel made to the Pyramids cannot in anyway be the basis for a christian interpretation of bilblical prophecy.

• Titus
    Titus

Dear 2814, obviously you don't know that I too asked some critical questions about the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You can read them here, try to find it if you want.

TITUS

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

"The Biblical study of the Great Pyramid is not demonic occultism, nor is it spiritistic numerology."

Honestly, what do you think it is then? Just a misguided attempt at interpreting Isaiah 19?

• designs
    designs

Study any Protestant religion, or the Baptists, and the Catholics and you would be dissuaded from joining. The Bible Students and the Witnesses are clunky in their own right.

The Pyramid studies came from a Presbyterian, Piazzi Symth, and a Lutheran, Rev. Seiss, continued those studies. CTR picked up on them and his fascination, unfortunately, became a center piece of the Bible Students. All things Egyptian were pretty popular in Europe in the 1800s after Napolean invaded and brought back some treasures.

• creativjamspam
    creativjamspam

Erm ExJW2814, do you think you can just come on a forum and tell people to stop visiting and they will? - surely as an ex JW, you should realise by now that people do as they wish anyway, and surely if you are an ex JW, you would respect that right in others?

sounds like you have some bitterness to let go of. -- I am surmising you have been DFd and you dont like it that some of these others manage to retain a sense of identity within despite not believing? - what does it matter what people do if they aren't harming anyone?

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Yo jamspam, I was just saying he could get in trouble for being a Witness and looking at "apostate material". Lol, What's the big deal ? Relax, and take a chill pill. Your assuming you think im "Bitter?" . Im not bitter or against people keeping a "sense of identity" with any witnesses. I keep in touch with my own Witness family.........and I do "manage". Oh and im not disfellowshipped either so you're wrong with that assumption too. I don't expect Witnesses to stop comming onto "apostate" websites, but if they are on apostate websites and are witnesses I think that's hypocritical. Hey, I have my opinions and so do you. Have a lovely day princess.

• Titus
    Titus

OMGJ

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Rutherford created himself his own little kingdom of power by exploiting and utilizing the money and publishing company

that Russell left behind at his passing. The coercing tactics are plain to see in the endeavor to expand his little kingdom

to greater heights, both in power and money.

Unfortunately like myself and others here, we got caught into this game, with troubling consequences.

There really should have been a warning placed along with the constitutional law of freedom of religion act

and should have been , " Buyer Beware " .

Religion in some mens minds is an opportunity to heighten ones personal stature of themselves as individuals.

The man that insisted on being addressed as a judge but who really wasn't a judge at all, tells a tale

of this persons own innate self image of himself , A Princely servant to Jehovah comes to mind and he

certainly lived a lifestyle endearingly so, with the evidence of him living with his mistress in a luxury mansion with a

Cadillac in the garage and a stockpile of illegal whiskey at his disposal.

Whatever happened to people that were haplessly foolish enough to fall into the this scam,

suffered tremulously at the hands of this instigator of apathetic self improvement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit