Jehovahs Witness History ?

by exjw2814 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

I understand that many Jehovahs Witnesses don't know the history of their own beleifs. But, what I don't understand is that they always say "God always had an organization on earth."They simply just talk about how they use to be called "bible students" back in their early days.

I asked one witness who was the "true organization" on earth during all the centurys right up until the 18th century when Charles Taze Russel formed "Zions Watchtower" ? He didn't know the answer and got very upset and asked me if I knew ?

I explained everyone beleived in the Cross and other "false" beleifs back in them centuries, something the JW's do not beleive in now. Their doctrines changed so much.

If their is any Jehovahs Witness on this website, can you please give me a legitimate answer ? Anyone with a similar experience or thought feel free to post!. Thanks.

• notknowing
    notknowing

This has always been one of my questions. I do feel that JW's have put more research into the unanswred. But wasnt the founder of JW's brought up on fraud charges. According to documents,, The miracle wheat? or something to that extreme.

I have lots of questions, that need to be answered. Do i feel that I will truly ever find the right answers. NO

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Im not sure about that But I do know Charles Russell studied with the "Seventh day Aventist" Christain group. And I do know alot of his teachings and beleifs contradict what the organization teaches at the present time. Although, they still praise him even though if he was living, he wouldn't agree with what they beleive. haha.

• Titus
    Titus

No, it's not true. We don't claim that "God always had an organization on earth." "Throughout the centuries there have always been truth lovers", and not organization ("PROCLAIMERS" chap. 5 p. 44). To mention just a few of that truth-lovers: John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Wolfgang Fabricius Capito, Martin Cellarius, Johannes Campanus, Thomas Emlyn, Henry Grew, George Storrs... If they were (we believe they were, but "Jehovah knows those who belongs to him") members of "the wheat" class, they were also members of, what Bible says "faithful and discreet slave" class. They were not members of "perfect and infallible slave" class, so they had some wrong views and believings.

The PROCLAIMERS book continues: " Although we cannot positively identify any of such persons as “the wheat” of Jesus’ illustration, certainly “Jehovah knows those who belong to him.”

I think we said that clearly and honestly, so, you don't have to be worried to much about JW history (Luke 9:62).

TITUS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Exjw2814: Im not sure about that But I do know Charles Russell studied with the "Seventh day Aventist" Christain group.

--------

This is incorrect.

It was the SECOND ADVENTISTS and not the 7th Day Adventists!

Take a look at Blondie's research on this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184908/1/SECOND-ADVENTISTS-NOT-7TH-DAY-ADVENTISTS-INFLUENCED-RUSSELL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

" Although we cannot positively identify any of such persons as “the wheat” of Jesus’ illustration, certainly “Jehovah knows those who belong to him.”

So much for giving any credibility to the scare tactics employed to keep u in. According to this line Jehovah knows and they don't.

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Although we cannot positively identify any of such persons as “the wheat” of Jesus’ illustration, certainly “Jehovah knows those who belong to him.”

Jehovah knows who belong to him ? That's contradicting everything the organization stands for. If that's the way the organization actually taught then the Jehovahs Witnesses wouldn't be so interested in Converting people to what they beleive. And the preaching work would be strictly about the Bibles teaching, and giving people real hope. And their wouldn't be any fear of losing your family and friends if you were to be "disfellowshipped". Come on, Jesus Christ died for everyone and that's real.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/TheOneMistake.html

Don Cameron says that anyone who first does a study of the history of JWs, doesn't join.

Sounds right to me.

Once I had read 'Apocalypse Delayed', I shook my head with amazement how anyone could join the group. Then, I remembered what Steve Hassan said, "Nobody joins cults. They're recruited into them."

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Yeah ok thanks for the touch-up. It was the "Second Adventist" . But you get the point.

• Titus
    Titus

"Wisdom is with the modest ones" says Bible. I believe you know what it means... The modest person (or Organization) is aware of his (or its) limitations. And if we say that we cannot positively identify something that's because we are the modest ones.

No, 2814, it doesn't contradict our work of preaching. By preaching pople get chance to show their attitudes. And, of course, Jesus died for everyone, as you said. He died for everyone "exercising faith in him" (John 3:16).

TITUS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit