Jehovahs Witness History ?

by exjw2814 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

You know its funny when you read your bible by itself you get a totally different viewpoint and opinion then what the Witnesses beleive. No wonder you absolutely "need" their organizational publications to understand what the bible teaches eh.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I believe CT Russel referred to himself as the 7th messenger of Revelation , the first being the true christians from the first century. The other five would have included people like the Calvinists and the Lutherans, this is a subject I like to raise with Dubs as they simply do not know the answer as there has to have been an uninterrupted link of faithful servants of God from the 1st century till Russell's day. When they say in those early days that those faithful Christians used the cross, taught hell fire etc,I like to include that the freemason Russel also included occult/demonic teachings that included studies in the Great Pyramid that linked to Bible prophesy and that Pyramidology and Numerology are practices steeped in Occult. Impossible that God would have selected a group like this to look after his Earthly belongings.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This has always been one of my questions. I do feel that JW's have put more research into the unanswred

If by "research" you mean stubbornly holding onto outdated ideas for decades

• Titus
    Titus

Yeah, I understand you. But, you know, you said:

"If their (THERE) is any Jehovahs Witness on this website, can you please give me a legitimate answer?"

So, if I tried to give you an answer, you don't need to teach me about my "needs". If you can understand the Bible without anyone's help, good for you, but don't teach me about my "needs".

I hope you'll have a productive research.

TITUS

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

You know Titus, another reason why I asked for a Jehovahs Witness input on this topic was so that I could let the Witness know that they shouldn't be on this website. I will tell you about one "need" the Jehovahs Witness organization "needs" from you. And that is to stop visiting "apostate" websites, or questionable material regarding the "WTBTS". Yes, you yourself know that you could be "disfellowshipped" from visiting this website. I find it funny your busy trying to stick up for the Witnesses but at the same time your doing something they would certainly look down on you for. Just a little too hypocritical for me.

• blondie
    blondie

I was a jw when the Proclaimers book came out in 1993. Before that it was the 1975 yearbook (out of print) and before that the 1959 Divine Purpose book (out of print) that had some history of the WTS. The Proclaimers had some revealing information that prompted some jws I knew to leave. The problem is that the Proclaimers book presents it in pieces through the book and is deceptive.

The Proclaimers book was discussed in the theocratic school during the #1 talk but no oral review, questions. jws were expected to read that material....how many did is questionable, probably just snoozed during the talk. But now few jws read it assuming they even get a copy for their library.

km 10/94 p. 3 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 1995*** ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 15 minutes. This talk should be handled by an elder or a ministerial servant, and it will be based on Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’sKingdom or "AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial." When based on the Proclaimers book, this assignment should be delivered as a 15-minute instruction talk with no oral review

*** km 10/95 p. 3 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 1996 ***ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 15 minutes. This should be handled by an elder or a ministerial servant, and it will be based on Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’sKingdom or "AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial." When based on the Proclaimers book, this assignment should be delivered as a 15-minute instruction talk with no oral review

*** km 10/96 p. 3 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 1997 ***ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 15 minutes. This should be handled by an elder or a ministerial servant, and it will be based on Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’sKingdom or "AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial." When based on the Proclaimers book, this assignment should be delivered as a 15-minute instruction talk with no oral review;

*** km 10/97 p. 3 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 1998 ***ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 15 minutes. This should be handled by an elder or a ministerial servant, and it will be based on Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’sKingdom or "AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial." When based on the Proclaimers book, this assignment should be delivered as a 15-minute instruction talk with no oral review;

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LEAVINGWT- I love your post, makes alot of sense. I read your write up on your profile. I would love to know what you found regarding "real truth". Im still searching after leaving the JW Org haha.

Well, to quote a member here named 'Slimboyfat', I'm now more interested in what is USEFUL, rather than what is TRUE.There are plenty of TRUE things what won't in any way make my life better.

I'm a struggling member of the Reality-Based Community and I'm currently finding REALITY to be rather awesome, if not at times a little overwhelming.

It's a journey and I'm having fun.

• blondie
    blondie

Here is a critque by Alan Feuerbacher on the Proclaimers book.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/notes-on-proclaimers-book.html

• VM44
    VM44

Wasn't the Proclaimers book online at one time?

I can't find it now.

• reslight2
    reslight2

But wasnt the founder of JW's brought up on fraud charges. According to documents,, The miracle wheat?

Charles Taze Russell was not the founder of the JWs, although that is the common misconception. Russell was the founder of the Watch Tower magazine, but the JWs was founded by Rutherford after Russell died. Russell believed that the true church could be found amongst most, if not all, Christian denominations. Rutherford, after Russell died, used the Watch Tower as a basis for forming a new organization. When he realized that most of the earlier Bible Students movement did not accept his new organization, in order to distinguish his organization from those Bible Students, he called his organization "Jehovah's Witnesses."

Charles Taze Russell was never brought up on fraud charges, or any other charge. Miracle Wheat had been proven to live up to the claims by many different farmers and judges where the wheat had been entered in various fairs.

The documented truth about "Miracle Wheat":

http://ctr.reslight.net/2009/03/27/miracle-wheat.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit