Pedophiles should have the death penalty

by Leprechaun 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Pedophiles should have the death penalty

Too many, wonderful children are being wasted by these filthy low life SOB’s, why are these pigs from hell not put on death row in this country I will never know. Shame Shame Shame!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

too expensive... just cut chop off equipement for 1st offense, 2nd offense the hands go, 3rd the tongue

tatto pedophile on their forhead too

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

God I love your attitude, keep it up, I’ll vote you into office any day.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Leprechaun suffers from a malady known as "clueless."

:why are these pigs from hell not put on death row in this country I will never know.

It's because a document which you obviously haven't read doesn't allow it. It's called the "United States Constitution" and forbids cruel and unusual punishment. Civilized people consider it cruel and unusual punishment to kill for a crime that did not include a killing. As hideous as child molestation is, the victim, while severely damaged, was not murdered .

Secondly, your emotions, rather than reason explain why you get a boner for chopping off hands, feet and tongues. They make YOU feel good. Each one of those "punishments", while making you feel wonderful is also considered to be barbaric in any civilized society.

:God I love your attitude, keep it up, I’ll vote you into office any day.

Better yet, find a place where they they actually practice punishing people in your favorite ways. There are dozens of wonderful Arab countries for you to choose from. Saudi Arabia is nice: they have public beheadings where you can bring you children and a few sandwiches and have a nice family afternoon together.

The Taliban also put on great entertainment for folks like you. I saw one video where then made a woman who was accused of adultery, kneel down in the grass in the middle of the stadium and they blew her brains all over the brass while those in the grandstands cheered.

Farkel

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

there should also be degrees of it because in that instance the 18 year old with the 'easy' 15 year old who gives it up in a club, pretending she is older, becomes a sex offender... and who's fault is that?

• besty
    besty

nod at Farkel - find a country that matches your aspirations and go move there Leprechaun.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Agrees with Farkel.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There is no right answer to this. Living (and thankfully so) as I do in a civilized society where punishments typically are meted out after consulting laws (usually made during a slow and methodical legislative debate and process), I think its important to realize why we got "here".

First of all, can we all agree that there is no perfect judiciary anywhere in the world, no perfect punishments where investigators must examine evidence after the fact? (unless there is video tape. Hello there Rodney King)

Secondly, why do we in the United States take such pains about having evidence, and protecting the rights of the accused? Because people in other parts of the world allow their emotions to rule, and those are mistakes that aren't easy to reverse. Here's an example:

"Yeah! We killed that pedophile. Oh wait. It wasn't him? Sorry. We finally caught the right perpetrator? GREAT! Uh, sorry to the family of the other guy. But hey! At least we don't tolerate pedophiles!"

This could easily turn into

"Yeah! We killed that car thief. Oh wait. It wasn't him? Sorry. We finally caught the right perpetrator? GREAT! Uh, sorry to the family of the other guy. But hey! At least we don't tolerate car thieves!"

My point is, on that one, where do you stop? At what point is the line drawn?

This isn't in any way an implication that pedophiles should have easier punishment. I would suggest that where we sit today, pedophilia is a way worse crime to have on your record then drug dealing or murder.

I know that at times our judicial system, flawed as it is, has punishments that are too harsh or lenient for the crime committed, yet the laws are on the books, and that is what we have to work with. For all its warts, our judicial system does have the virtue of being generally purposeful and civilized.

You see, we tried the "hang em high" approach for a while, and it didn't work, because passions ruled instead of the law. It's hard for a government to say that it respects life when in its judgements, it will take the life of a criminal who hasn't taken another life.

Now, for lifelong damage of a person via pedophilia, should there be some kind of lifelong punishment, including having to register as a sex offender? That doesn't seem cruel or unusual to me.

Where the law rules, justice is oftentimes much slower. But without those checks, all sorts of mistakes and prejudicial judgements would be rendered. Is it perfect? No, but it is way better then a potential mob violence mentality that could have unintended consequences for other crimes.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jeff you have hit the nail on the head. Where do you draw the line in any type of crime? If it was up to popular request the lines would soon diminish to a point of lowest common denominator.

It wasn't that long ago that mob lynchings were consdered a form of Justice, the result? Well read your history books! Thankfully those days are more or less gone (even though there are those who would love to bring lynchings back). We now rely on a system of criminal justice which has evovled over generations. A case tried will take into consideration a matrix of factors both interms of historic cases and current circumstances. It is not a perfect system but it is so much better than the emotional, gun-ho alternative, which creates fear and undermines the stability of society.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Credible witnesses + confession + lie detector test + DNA + fair trial = Chemical castration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit