Pedophiles should have the death penalty

by Leprechaun 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Credible witnesses + confession + lie detector test + DNA + fair trial = Chemical castration.

In some cases, I wouldn't object to this. At this point, I think that Chemical castration is at best an option for certain cases. (esp repeat offenders or those who made a practice of it for several years, hiding their tracks...) It still feels like cruel and unusual to me at the moment though...

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Until you have had your eight year old daughter rapped by a repeat sex offender and have felt the pain frustration and dumb aguish as I have, you have no room to talk and condemn. And then on a almost daily basis see these pathetic excuses for human beings, over and over, on the internet and television being caught and released six to eight years later only to perpetuate the same crime over again after they get out of prison; think of how many sex offenders would stop and think twice if they knew it would be death to be found guilty with clear cut evidence. I know that if I get real mad at someone, such a punishment tends to make me anyway, think more than twice to lose my self control to the point of inflicting deadly harm.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Leprechaun, I just want to say that I feel for you and your daughter. I don't disagree with you that the justice system at times fails the victims.

I understand the emotions behind what you say a little better.

As this is personal for you, as opposed to an abstract discussion, I will excuse myself, because I don't want to cause you any more pain by taking an issue that to me is personal for different reasons, and discuss them with you.

Suffice to say, there is no punishment that can ever really make a parent or a child whole in such cases.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

"Until you have had your eight year old daughter rapped by a repeat sex offender and have felt the pain frustration and dumb aguish as I have, you have no room to talk and condemn."

A forum like this has people from so many different cultures you're bound to find someone to disagree with the statement that sugar is actually sweet. If you don't say something like this in your statement, people don't know you are looking for empathy rather than a discussion of the moral right to kill someone as penalty for being a sexual predator.

Sorry for your pain from this event, I understand it more than most might.

WLG

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I have experienced this in my own family with my brother and several friends, as well as having to deal with the ass headed way the WTBTS tries to cover things up.

It is a sensitive subject. If I had known why you brought this up, I wouldn't have responded as I did, and I apologize if my words hurt.

I do think the legal punishments for pedophiles are best discussed abstractly for a variety of reasons. But beyond that, what I wish for you and your family most of all is some healing for your wounds.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    just cut chop off equipement for 1st offense

How stupid of you to assume all pedophiles are male. The two who molested me were women.

I would have liked to see them punished, but never dead or mutilated.

W

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Until you have had your eight year old daughter rapped by a repeat sex offender and have felt the pain frustration and dumb aguish as I have, you have no room to talk and condemn.

Sure I do. I have the right to say anything I want as long as I don't infringe on your Constitutional rights by doing so. However, I did not condemn your FEELINGS. I merely pointed out why you cannot have your own type of justice meted out in the USA. In many Arab countries, your daughter would be the one punished for the crimes committed against her and the freak(s) who did it would get off scot-free.

As has been pointed out, the types of punishment you would like to see meted out creates a very dangerous slippery-slope, and I'm not sure you are even aware of how dangerous that slippery slope could be.

For most of my many years, I was absolutely in favor of a death penalty, but now, I'm not so sure. Especially, since we've all seen how DNA has provided exculpatory evidence for hundreds who have languished on death row, some for decades. Some who were innocent have already been executed.

You cannot "undue" a death penalty. If it is used, it must be used with much more caution and with many more fail safe provisions in place than there are currently. Even so, execution for that crime does not fit the "cruel and unusual" punishment clause according to the Courts of Law (and common sense). And execution will NOT put a damper to the crime. It hasn't for murder. Castration might make sure that perp won't repeat and I think a good legal case can be made for it.

Be careful what you ask for.

Farkel

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

so many idiots so little time. if i could i would castrate all those who disagree with my truths. your rebellious attitude continues after the borg and will not be tolerated any longer

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Yeah I hear you there, back in 10 th grade I had a female student body counselor who was 24 at the time, when I was only 15 she was hot on my trail, it upset and confused me so much, because I was a good Jehovah’s Witness adolescent, I quit school and entered the work force and became a railroad worker.

Then latter on, after my daughter was rapped, by one of the “so called Jehovah’s people.” I put his ass behind bars for eight years, he had only been out of prison for less than four months for doing the same thing to some other little girl, when he committed the atrocity against my daughter; and yes the elders in the congregation said please brother don’t brinng reproach on the organization by taking your brother to a worldly court. The so called worldly court is much more judicious than any elders meeting could ever hope to be:

Such as the right to summon witnesses, the right of cross-examination, the right not to incriminate oneself, the right not to be tried on secret evidence, the right to control one's own defense, the right to exclude evidence that is improperly obtained, irrelevant or inherently inadmissible, the right to exclude judges or jurors on the grounds of partiality or conflict of interest, and the right of appeal. (The right to have full access to any and all legal criteria for defending one self.) The right for full discloser (Discovery.)

During the years that my daughter’s sex offender was in prison, I studied Criminal Justice and became a Paralegal. Never again will I trust a clerical (religious) court, such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses judicial body of elders. I know one day absolute justice will prevail when a god of divine love can read the heart, till then, I will not be stupid again as in the case of being a sheep following a so called spirit directed organization, Bah Hum Bug.

• Farkel
    Farkel

leprechaun,

:Such as the right to summon witnesses, the right of cross-examination, the right not to incriminate oneself, the right not to be tried on secret evidence, the right to control one's own defense, the right to exclude evidence that is improperly obtained, irrelevant or inherently inadmissible, the right to exclude judges or jurors on the grounds of partiality or conflict of interest, and the right of appeal. (The right to have full access to any and all legal criteria for defending one self.) The right for full discloser (Discovery.)

About 10 years ago, I thoroughly researched through the elders' Lamp book and wrote a piece comparing United States Court System with the WTS Judicial System. I was appalled at what I found. The victim has almost NO rights in such a tribunal. Even the phrase "Kangaroo Court" is way too kind to describe that system. In the real Court, there is a Judge (facilitator), prosecutor, a defender and a jury and they are all independent of each other. In the JW Court, the elders are the judge, prosecutor and sentencing authority and they can make up just about any shit they want as they go along. Objections are ignored and meaningless circumstancial evidence can convict. Your life is in the hands of window and floor washers who are too stupid to even be accepted in a real jury.

Despite how it may sound, I am very sympathetic to you, your daughter and that horrible tragedy.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit