I don't want to die.

by paul from cleveland 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Did you ever consider that while you were a JW believing that you will never die that you were never living in the present but the future That you put off living today for a future reward when everything will be perfect and you will be happy.

Your life no longer belongs to the GB It's yours to enjoy one day at a time Sure make plans for the future but don't pin your happiness on them. As the Chinese say "Happy every day" Works for me. I'm 61. I don't know how many days I have left, I don't care. I'm too busy enjoying this one.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Some 15 years ago about 1994 I was with an elderly sister who was in her mid 80's. She started crying and I held her hand in the nursing home where she was living out the remainder of her life. She said to me,"Ruth I don't understand, I believed that Jehovah had promised us all we'd be in the new system by 1975 I knew I would never have to experience death if I lived that long. What happen?" I cried with her feeling her terrible sadness and all I could say to her was, "I don't know Louise I thought the end would be here already too?" We held hands and cried for our loss for her eminate death and my watching my dear friends pass away. Not long after that I went though the same thing with her beloved sister and it really made me think about our trust in the end coming when the WTS said it would.

Paul your so young but death is not exclusive to the old. My son Dak died at 15 in 2001 and I left the witnesses. It is true they have the death and resurrection story down pat but it was questionable. The end was questionable to believe in. I have my own feelings about life today but I'm not comfortable sharing here publically. I hope you can make peace with death stop being afraid because everything in our world does die and its ok but nature renews and repurposes all matter.

Hugs young man,

Ruth

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Pual, there is comfort in knowing that we are part of a vast system that continues to churn out intelligent beings from the remnants of those who went before. Atoms shift and digest and return in other forms and systems. I'm not saying that consciousness continues, but you do in all your various elements. Focus on buiding a legacy of goodness, kindness and not self-centeredness. Give to others and be busy caring for your personal goals. Give your life meaning by meaning something to others as well. So, you can't offer Eternal life. Offer quality life now by being a positive and healthy person. Death will come soon enough. LIVE! LOVE! Revel in it all. It is a wonderful thing to be dying because it means you're still living. W.Once

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

yes. normal feelings. I recommened "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

• dgp
    dgp

Paul from Cleveland, you wrote: What gives your life meaning? It all seems so pointless. When I was a witness, there was some point to it all. Something greater than myself.

I used to be scared of death. I have come to accept it as a fact of life, a bad one, but a fact of life after all. And I have learned not to worry too much about it before it's a real issue. Eventually, you will come to this point, too.

Never let people use your fear of death to dupe you into a trap. You felt your life had a purpose, and you felt you were serving something greater than you. But it was not true. Sorry.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Paul,

Like you, I still believe in the Bible and in Jehovah and his son. I am no longer a witness and have not been for about three years now. I have drawn this conclusion, and it may sound harsh, but...I am NOT special. I do NOT deserve everlasting life. People have been dying since the beginning of man's creation, I am NO different. I am NOT special, I do NOT get a special, "You may pass the dreaded death sentence card". I love Jehovah, but I do not expect him to cater to my needs for life. If he chooses to give it, I will accept. Life is a gift, gifts cannot be earned. The very nature of a gift is that it cannot be earned, because.....it's a gift, of love, from the heart of the giver.

Yes, I have accepted that I will take my place in death alongside all those that have passed before me. What can I do with my life now? Love my God Jehovah and love my neighbor. That was Jesus' message. There are no greater things that you can do with your life than these two things. Perhaps Jehovah will hold out that gift of life to you....really there is nothing any of us can do about it. We are all at His mercy.

Some may argue, "I don't subscribe to this belief in Jehovah or that he holds the power of life and death". Those that argue this point will have the same fate awaiting them too, there is no argument after death.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you Know,if your Dead?..

Worrying about it,seems pointless..

If your Dead..

You`ll never Know,your Dead..

.............. ...OUTLAW

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Paul

You have a p.m.

Judge Dread

• Chalam
    Chalam

please let it be true. Let there be a God that loves us and saves us

It's true :) I know His love. I know His salvation. I know His peace. I know His grace.

Titus 3:3-7 (New International Version)

3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Jesus is my Lord and my God.

Blessings,

Stephen

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I went through the exact same process - I was overcome by a fear of death.

Give it time - you will adapt.

Remind yourself that you are now dealing with the facts of the matter and not the WT lies.

Also - because the WT had a lot wrong - does not mean that there is no hope.

I for one have maintained a strong belief in God and that we can face the future with confidence.

Whatever you decide to believe the key I suppose is this - do not let the future (that has'nt happened yet) take away your joy today. Their is so much to live for.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit