I don't want to die.

by paul from cleveland 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

It's taken me about 5 years, but I'm at peace with the idea that everything dies now.

Impermanence is a key concept in Buddhism. I'm not Buddhist, nor do I care to be, but there's a lot I like in the Buddhist worldview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impermanence

If you can get past the cheesiness of when it was made, request the COSMOS DVDs from your library. Carl Sagan makes a great case for embracing the life we have and learning all we can.

Take care,

om

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

please let it be true. Let there be a God that loves us and saves us.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wishes don't change reality, Paul.

If they did, you'd still be outnumbered my Muslim wishers.

• PEC
    PEC

Two weeks ago, our roommate OD on pain pills, he was only 24 years old. We have re-rented the room, life goes on, we only lost one month rent, praise the lord.

Philip

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Praise Jah, PEC!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Paul I am Granny on board ...& you & others may not like what I am going to say...

I am a very old woman 83. I was a JW for 25 years. I made 10 people JWS
    But Paul when I was kicked out because I dont believe Jesus came in 1914
    invisably of course I wanted to kill myself....Boy am I glad I didnt ....I KNOW
    there is a Creator,I see the flowers, birds, sunsets etc: I dont believe as others
    do ,that they just came....I believe HE JESUS CHRIST is MY God & Saviour
    but he in NOT like the WT & gives you rules to obey except to LOVE!!!!
    as HE is the GOD of LOVE ..... Just tell HIM you dont know what to believe
    & if HE is GOD ,to please come into YOUR life....I did that in 1989,& He looks
    after me like you wouldnt believe....I dont believe in religion...But a relationship
    I talk to him ,argue with him at times, but HE loves me ,I will die soon,But I am promised
    NO tears, no pain, no suffering after I kick the bucket...Just an old ladies advice Kiddo ((((HUG
    This is my life> http://exjw.weebly.com/

Mouthy/Granny/Grace

'

• gubberningbody
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I love you Granny!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't have anything deep and meaningful to tell you. So hang with a PYT, drink a beer, give the WT the middle finger. Get to feeling good. A beer and a BJ should get you out of your funk right quick.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well Jamie Thank you ,I love you too

I love you Granny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit