Is the Bible Really Scientifically Accurate?

by FreeAtLast1914 126 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2
    Leave it to scientists then to be accurate.

Like they were in the global climate hoax?

Perry, that was priceless!

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Why are atheists so obsessed with God? Move on already!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Leave it to scientists then to be accurate.
    Like they were in the global climate hoax?

Yes, all science is now invalidated. War is over. Religion wins.

By all means do not go to your medical doctor next time you feel something wrong in your body.

Pray about it instead.

- Lime

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Why are atheists so obsessed with God? Move on already!

I know exactly why I am here, and often end up remarking on God. Because I found good hard facts about where the universe and I came from - and those set me free from superstition. I don't care about god. I care about the people who are leaving the JW organization and wind up here - surrounded by people that desperately want to lure them back into another snare of darkness and superstition.

Most JW's have not seriously considered the theory of evolution - and they have been fed straw-man arguments and lies about it. They were not encouraged to pursue education - intellegence and knowledge! These are important things that all humans should strive for, not scowl at.

So.. I make no apologies if this disrupts the recruitment plans of the religious people here. It's not about gods, and I don't need to move on. I like it right here.

- Lime

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

HintOfLime,

"I found good hard facts about where the universe and I came from -"

What are your good hard facts about the origins of the universe?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Hintoflime,

It may surprise you but I am a christian who believes the earth is millions of years old. I also believe evolution is a sound theory that explans how life forms moved from lower life forms to more complex ones. However, even science cannot say exactly how living matter came into existance. And for me, this is where faith in God comes in.

The bible is not a science book but where it skims the surface of science I believe it is accurate. And I think the point perry is trying to make is that science does not have all the answers and frankly does not claim to. Peace, Lilly

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    "I found good hard facts about where the universe and I came from -"
    What are your good hard facts about the origins of the universe?

Lol, ok, maybe not the universe. I meant the earth.

I overspoke on that one.

- Lime

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Ok, what are your good hard facts about the origins of the earth?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Ok, what are your good hard facts about the origins of the earth?

See what I mean? You no-doubt went to school but apparently didn't learn a thing in science class. We know what the planets are made of. We can calculate how old the earth is, when it formed, how old the sun is, what elements comprise the sun and what relation those have to the planets. We can take ice core samples and determine what the atmosphere was comprised of millions of years ago. We can create computer simulations of the planetary bodies orientations and calculate backwards where they formed and from what materials.

The facts and evidence surrounds us - we just have to look (and use the right tools). But most people don't seem to take any note of it, or think that it is all just 'scientific speculation'. Somehow people with no scientific education whatsoever can look at a research paper showing the facts in detail that the atmosphere long ago had much less oxygen - and yet will critique the paper on the basis that it "isn't what mommy taught me".

Blech. It's mass ignorance. Most people are too lazy to do any personal research - they latch onto the first explination they get and will believe it no matter how much evidence is produced to the contrary.

- Lime

• Perry
    Perry
    I care about the people who are leaving the JW organization and wind up here - surrounded by people that desperately want to lure them back into another snare of darkness and superstition.

Lime,

Secularists outnumber believers probably 30 to 1 on this board. Why do you think Christians live in darkness and superstitution? The Watchtower has taught my family for four generations that Christians are evil, ignorant, and superstitutious. I believe that you still carry much of that Watchtower hate toward Christians with you. It isn't rational. But, then again hate has it's own rationale.

Since many Christians agree with your view about the age of the earth, what exactly don't you like about them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit