Question for still active JW's / Faders

by cantleave 33 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Nope not in over a year.

I guess being a 'sister' they don't feel comfortable in addressing the issue directly with me......

That said my monthly pub requests has dwindled greatly under the excuse that I am following the 'Slave's' lead on only giving them to 'deserving ones'

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

NO WAY!

I haven't given for about 5 years now, altough i visit some meeting once a year to "show up".

Since they sold swedens (a huge one) assembly hall for 7M$ some years ago... and no one in sweden know where the money is today...

... they can pay all costs by themselves until they make the accounting public!

• Japster
    Japster

I was the magazine 'servan' [ms] for several years after the donation 'arrangement' came in.

very few ever donated at the counter when picking up that trash,,,,,come to think of it neither did I.

I think that my family thought that I did all the donating myself by cash but in reality there was only the odd ten or twenty dollar bill that I gave my small son or daughter to jam in the box at an assemby....then even that stopped.

I hated to clean out all those unused mags that used to pile up all over my house every six months or so....just all fodder for the re-cylcling bin. What a waste of good Canadian trees.

Cheers

Japster

• Japster
    Japster

Like my new gravatar.........looks like my toaster but with two broken AC cords.

KomPai!

Japster

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The mag order is in my wife's name ... We collect 'em from the Hall. I do not ask whether she ever contributes,

I reckon that I gave that bullshit organisation at least 40 years of my life with time spent delivering their c***p every weekend . By all the laws of morality, they owe ME..

I have no conscience about collecting free literature

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have no conscience about collecting free literature

I had a bad conscience until I cancelled my standing order to ********** Congregation of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. I don't think I have contributed to the worldwide work for over a year.

• wobble
    wobble

Funny thing Cantleave, I stopped my standing order long before I even thought of actually leaving. I just felt I could not justify paying money to an Org that was so rich, when I was so damn poor ! I sometimes put a bit in the box to help with the running of the Hall I attended.

I think that sub-consciously that was the start of my leaving.

Love

Wobble

p.s your avatar is a damn good likeness of you !

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol - It looks like a pissed bat. I'm usually pissed as newt.

• Tristram
    Tristram

No. The pedophile victim hush money payout really turned me off.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We were just talking about this, and no we probably quit contributing about 4 years before we left. I had a hard time contributing my hard earned money to something that criticized me endlessly for educating myself so that I could contribute. I felt so absolutely miserable at meeting that I felt as if someone should be paying me! NMKA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit