Question for still active JW's / Faders

by cantleave 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I haven't given for about 3 years. Not one cent. Instead, I give to real charities and to individuals in need.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wonder how many R&F actually contribute towards the literature they order. Do the contributions actually cover the costs. The fact nothing is hardbound any more may indicate not.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Nope. I give of my money, time and energy to more worthier causes.

• bythesea
    bythesea

I used to be the one who wrote out a check every month to put in the contribution box. When I started to fade I stopped doing that. I don't think my active JW husband noticed! Not until this past year when we did our taxes and we hardly had anything from donations to charities/religious stuff except mine to cancer funds, etc.

He's told me we need to step up our giving at the KH and so now I just hand him the checkbook and let him make out the check....I refuse to sign my name to anything going to them. As someone else mentioned, it feels like it's contributing to the pedophile fund!!

• DubR
    DubR

My mom donates $25 to the worldwide preaching work and $25 to the local congregation each week for the last 25 years!! You do the math....Its sad

DubR

• pat1060
    pat1060

No.And don't feel guilty about it.I haven't cut down my mag order yet...just toss them out...

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hate seeing a single penny going to the cancer. One reason I don't DA is because if I do my mother would leave my inheritance to the WTS.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not active but speaking for when I was active, I rarely donated what I should have. Maybe once or twice a year did I remember to donate to the local KH fund. Once the donation arrangement started for literature, I sort of donated. If I picked up my magazine order, I'd drop a couple of folded up dollar bills in the WW fund box, just so they saw I was putting something in...but it was never for the amount that is should have been.

I used to, years ago, donate by check, but an account servant at one hall I attended had a near photographic memory and could recite peoples bank tracking numbers. Even though we were a world wide brotherhood, I felt uneasy about some pimply faced MS who had too much personal info about me memorized so I made donations by cash after that. It also came in handy that they could never tell how much you did or didn't donate on a regular basis.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Nope. I like being a liability;

• cantleave
    cantleave

MM I like your attitude :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit