Question for still active JW's / Faders

by cantleave 33 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Do you still contribute for literature, give to the worldwide work, kingdom hall fund or contribute towards the upkeep of your local KH? If you do - why?

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

No, but I do give to charities now; something no self-respecting JW would ever dream of doing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Freeatlast1914, We have done the same. Cancelled out Standing order to the congregation and give to conservation charities instead.

• asilentone
    asilentone

no way, they do not deserve it from me.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

No, not at all. I think I must cost the society by keeping me well stocked with books I dont read, and magazines I don't distribute.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sapphy I do the same - order all th expensive end of year stuff and other special stock items and don't pay for any of it. Still have massive mag order which goes straight into the recycling bin and keep losing my bible so have to get a new one.

• blondie
    blondie

It is been awhile since we went to any KH, but my husband handled accounts in several congregations. He could tell when people were unhappy with the administration, they would "vote with their pocketbook." There tended to be more in the box for utilities, etc., then for the "worldwide work." We donated for the utlities except the last year we went.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

No, I do not.

Ever since I read about the pedophilia settlements, they have not received one dime from me.

Like others, I give to other charitable causes instead.

• dissed
    dissed

No way would I give money to support protecting child molesters. If they need money, they can sell a building.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

We stopped giving anything about a year before we finally left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit