I'm starting to tell on my husband

by tiffy0212 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Yesterday a brother called the house and asked for my husband. I told him I'm sorry he is doing his study and I will not call him to the phone. I told him we do not talk to each other and he would have to call him back around 11:30. He called back around 11:40 and sure sounded different then his first call. He asked for my husband and I looked out the front window his car was gone. I told him sorry his car is gone. Do you think this guy will let the elders know that we don't even speak to each other? My feeling is if our family knows how I am being treated so I figure it's time his brothers and sisters know what goes on in this house. After all they feel he is such a fine brother and they even let him pray before the meetings.

Wishing all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPPY NEW YEAR. Thank you for all your support you keep me going.

Tiffy

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Jws will always believe a fellow jw over a non-jw. And even if they do believe you over your husband, there's very little they will do to him. My jw husband regularly confessed weird sexual practices and physically abusing and mentally terrorizing me when I was his jw wife. The result was that he had few, if any "privileges" most of the time. I was counseled to "wait on Jehovah and be a better wife". Things didn't change even after he started strangling me and threatening to kill me. That's how it goes in Watchtower world.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is sad how the jws handle matters such as this. Just like how they protect child abusers, they protect wife abusers the same way.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My God, tiffy and jamie - it's a wonder anyone survives...

And congratulations, tiffy - no more lies!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some may agree that "telling on him" will help him to see what the JW's are all about. Or they may agree that he may as well be treated miserably by "the brothers" for his miserable treatment of you. I don't see it that way. If you two have a problem, you don't want JW's getting involved trying to help solve it. He's in a high-control group and needs to break free. It might help that they come down on him or it might cause him to appreciate their "help" and get further entrenched in the religion.

I say, if there's a problem, work it out. Seek a non-JW marriage counselor. If he won't go, then you go. Tell him what you learned and how you are going to do somethings differently. He'll either appreciate the changes and work with you, or you will be empowered to know what you should do.

Nobody deserves the Spanish Inquisition nor the prying of the JW hit-squads.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Ladies

I'm in awe of

all your strength...............

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its a bad scenario for wifes in JWS land, there are to keep in subjection to their husbands at all times.

Your husbands brethren at the hall are going to support him as its dictated to do so, this is how the structuring power

of the organization is done and it puts woman in a very weak and venerable position.

This is not so surprising when you realize they trying to emulate the social morals and values of a cultural society that lived 2000 years ago ( Ancient Israelites ).

Religion advocates power toward men and there lies the attraction, which also precludes its corruption.

Power to you in your efforts to remove yourself from this corruption ,.......take care.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Wow, Jamie, Tiffy,

My heart goes out to the both of you. All I can say is that my wife is totally clueless to all of this and I am concerned that she will continue to be clueless as she just laps up what the witnesses say as if it came from GOD HIMSELF.

As long as I am out, I can provide some protection and my wife can act in a manner that is unbecoming to a witness as I do not hold to the same rigid legalism as they do.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    My God, tiffy and jamie - it's a wonder anyone survives...
    And congratulations, tiffy - no more lies!

VoidEater, the fact that any woman survives this cult should be credited to the men inside who refuse to do evil while knowing full well that they could get away with it.

Ladies
    I'm in awe of
    all your strength.........

LockedChaos, thank you.

Wow, Jamie, Tiffy,
    My heart goes out to the both of you. All I can say is that my wife is totally clueless to all of this and I am concerned that she will continue to be clueless as she just laps up what the witnesses say as if it came from GOD HIMSELF.
    As long as I am out, I can provide some protection and my wife can act in a manner that is unbecoming to a witness as I do not hold to the same rigid legalism as they do.

Garyneal, sadly most jws don't know about the battered women in their midst until they suddenly leave the marriage and usually the cult or they are killed by their husbands. It's too bad your wife won't talk to some of us on JWN. Barbara Anderson reported several letters sent to Bethel by battered jw wives, and 80% were unsigned for fear of reprisals by their husbands and elders.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

You are right Jamie, physical abuse is one thing, but mental abuse is hell. I sometimes wish I could blow the whistle on him. I have so much on things he has done to me that if they knew any of this they would probably have him knock on the door to get into the hall. Everything I have on him is in black and white I have all of his stupid notes he leaves for me in the bathroom, bank records, food bills. I have to purchase all the food in the home so I keep all of the bills. So much for providing me with food and a roof over my head. I remember a scripture that says if a man cannot provide for his own family, he is like a man without faith and should be removed from the congregation. I am 63 years old and still have to work while he is retired and enjoying life. I could go on and on but it will get me really worked up.

One day he will get his and I hope it is soon.

Tiffy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit