I'm starting to tell on my husband

by tiffy0212 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Slayerbard, you aren't Slayerlayer are you? Just though I would ask..haven't seen him around lately..

Snoozy

• Quandry
    Quandry

I told him I'm sorry he is doing his study and I will not call him to the phone.

I am sure they feel that he is a wonderful, sudious witness. Obviously, to them, you are deficient, and of course, uncooperative, since you would not follow their instructions to get him to the phone.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Why have you not contacted a divorce attorney? Go see one tomorrow morning. Considering that you've been in this abusive relationship for mulitple decades I doubt you'll ever leave him. Prove me wrong.

• agonus
    agonus

Interesting to see how differently Witnesses treat others and are treated depending on the circumstances.

I was thrown out of my house, justifiably according to the WT, on charges of "extreme physical/sexual abuse" and "willful non-support" that were later dropped as being essentially bogus charges... after I was on my own, and, if memory serves, living in a homeless shelter. Of course, I was on disability after being suicidal and having half my intestines surgically removed...

But then, my wife is a respected elder's daughter... I'm sure that had nothing to do with it, though.

I would say that pretty much shoots the whole "JW unity" down in flames.

And the hell of it is, none of us, to my knowledge, have been disfellowshipped.

The Watchtower doesn't break up families? Have I got a story for you, friend.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, I knew a JW brother who didn't want to talk to his unbelieving wife, who made fun of his WT beliefs. So what did he do in order to keep his spirituality? Why , he turned the garage into an apartment and he moved into it- he still payed all the bills and supported his wife. looking back, it must have been very hard for him to admit his wife was right about 1975 all along. He died in the apartment an old man, rather than admit he was wrong.

• restrangled
    restrangled

The thinking with JW elders that the wife is at fault has been going on for years.

So you work and have your own bank account....don't ever, ever take him back. Don't give him the details and get him the hell out.

Telling on your husband to a bunch of men means nothing in this religion. I was a young girl and witnessed my best friend's sisters and mother get beat to hell with fists and belts. My best friend wasn't beat because I was an elder's daughter staying overnight with her.

I do remember my father being called over in the middle of the night to handle a beating of their mother.....he hit her so that it wouldn't show up at the KH. Huge purple bruises across her back and shoulders, .....and hips when she fell. The girls were beat with belts over their hind ends and legs as they lay in bed.

When brought before the elders, they asked the mother,... "What have you done to get him so angry? "

I have posted this before many times but it needs re-posting. This is a Patriarchal society. Women, in the end, are expendable.

Take care of yourself, tell on your husband to authorities not the witnesses.

r.

• agonus
    agonus

Christ, this makes me mad. People like this remain elders while I get thrown out and I never laid a hand on my wife...

• restrangled
    restrangled

Agonus...based on your reply:

Christ, this makes me mad. People like this remain elders while I get thrown out and I never laid a hand on my wife...

It really stinks sometimes...and this is what happens to women a lot!!!!!! They never lay a hand on anyone either, but need to wind up defying their controlling , abusive husbands.....just to survive!

Please keep posting, I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

r.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

My dad would get physically violent on occasion- once, he left a hand shaped bruise on my mom's arm. She was ticked about it and wore a sundress to meeting.

One person asked about it, the lady my mom had studied with. No one ever said anything to my dad.

• Gerard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit