PO/Pioneer arrested for stealing old womans pocket book

by Iwonder17 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

IF he is the "Coordinator of the B of E " ....perhaps the local paper would be interested in reporting that angle of the story???

Should somebody tell them?

• blondie
    blondie

From the region

Sturbridge

Police say theft suspect admits to 75-cent haul

DUDLEY — A 48-year-old Brookfield man who allegedly netted 75 cents from the theft of a purse at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Sturbridge is facing a larceny charge.

In the Dec. 5 incident, a woman told police she left a table and went outside for a cigarette at the Main Street shop. She said she left her backpack with her purse in it on the table. When she returned, she noticed her purse missing and the only other customer who was there, a middle-aged man, was gone.

Police viewed a videotape from a surveillance camera and also noticed a man driving away in a car who they believed to be the suspect. A search of area towns led police to the home of Todd J. Briggs of 1 Nanatomqua Drive, Brookfield.

A police report in the case in Dudley District Court said that Mr. Briggs told police that he took the purse because “it was just a matter of opportunity.”

The woman told police she had $60 in the purse, but Mr. Briggs said, “If it was in there, I didn’t find it.”

Police said Mr. Briggs told them he threw the purse into nearby Long Pond after taking the 75 cents.

Mr. Briggs is scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 14.

Sturbridge

Foreclosed homeowner accused of theft

DUDLEY — A Sturbridge landscaper who was facing eviction from his home, on which the bank had foreclosed, is charged with larceny over $250 and malicious destruction of property over $250, after allegedly stripping the property of valuables.

According to Sturbridge police, Mark S. Forge, 52, of 92 McGilpin Road, owner of Forge Landscaping, reduced the value of the home by about $150,000 because of damage he allegedly did to the house.

A police report in Dudley District Court said that in late November Mr. Forge removed almost 100 shrubs and small trees from the property, removed two brick walkways, cut electrical wire around the exterior of the home and caused significant damage to the grounds and exterior of the home.

Mr. Forge also removed five garage doors from a detached garage, damaged the underground irrigation system, removed the stove, dishwasher, all of the kitchen cabinets hardware, exterior lighting and a large, white wooden corral fence.

Police said the property had been foreclosed by Sovereign Bank in July and bought at auction by Central One Federal Credit Union, which agreed to allow Mr. Forge to stay in the property for $3,275 a month in rent. The credit union told police that Mr. Forge never paid any rent. The credit union began eviction proceedings in September.

A warrant was issued to police to search a property at 25 Warren Road in Brimfield where the stolen property was found, police said. A moving van had to be hired to truck the items away because “the volume of alleged stolen property in this case was so substantial,” police said.

The value of the seized property was estimated at about $20,000.

A clerk magistrate in Dudley District Court found probable cause in the case and arraignment is set for Jan. 14.

Worcester

Baby kidnapping case continued to January

WORCESTER — The case of a woman accused of kidnapping a baby girl who authorities said was cut from the womb of a woman found slain in her apartment in July was delayed yesterday until Jan. 7.

Julie A. Corey, 35, who last lived at 3 Henry Terrace, did not appear in Central District Court yesterday. She continues to be held on a kidnapping charge.

Darlene L. Haynes, 23 and a mother of four, was found slain in her Southgate Street apartment July 27. She was eight months pregnant at the time of her death and the baby had been cut from her womb.

Authorities have accused Ms. Corey of kidnapping the baby girl, but no one has been charged in Ms. Haynes’ slaying. Ms. Corey was found in New Hampshire July 29. DNA testing confirmed Ms. Haynes was the mother of the infant girl Ms. Corey had with her at the time.

Family of Ms. Haynes and the father of the child, Roberto C. Rodriguez, are seeking custody of the baby and Ms. Haynes’ young daughter Kristina, who are in state custody. Ms. Haynes’ two oldest daughters are in a family member’s care.

Region

Bill would require dangerousness hearings

SHREWSBURY – State Rep. Karyn E. Polito, R-Shrewsbury, filed legislation yesterday that would require judges to evaluate the dangerousness of defendants charged with sex offenses against children before considering whether to set bail.

In October, a Kingston man who allegedly had raped a child in the summer was freed on $10,000 bail and then allegedly raped a 3-year-old girl. There was no dangerousness hearing held prior to his release.

Prosecutors now can ask for a dangerousness hearing in certain serious cases but are not required to do so, Ms. Polito said. Her bill would require a dangerousness hearing in any case where there is an allegation of a sex offense involving a child.

“Today, we are seeking to add an extra layer of protection and accountability in cases where there is an alleged sex crime against a child,” Ms. Polito said. “This is a responsible measure to make sure that dangerous sex offenders don’t fall through the cracks and get set free while they await trial, while at the same time respecting judicial discretion in such cases. The latest case in Kingston shows the compelling need for us to act quickly to fix this flaw in our laws.”

Fitchburg

Extra police traffic enforcement planned

FITCHBURG — Police are targeting drunk drivers over the holidays and want to send the message: “Drive over the limit, you’re under arrest.”

At the mayor’s news conference yesterday, Fitchburg police Officer Paul McNamara said the department received a grant for drunk driving prevention for 2009 through 2012.

The Fitchburg Police Department is joining 210 other police departments in the state and the state police to crack down on drunk driving, he said.

There will be extra traffic enforcement throughout the city through Jan. 3, he said, and police will be using portable Breathalyzers for those suspected of driving under the influence.

“We know the holidays, with all the parties and family gatherings provide opportunities to consume alcohol,” he said. “We want people to enjoy themselves, but we want them to be smart, safe and — if they are driving — absolutely sober.”

The first offense of driving under the influence is punishable with a fine of up to $5,000 or by imprisonment of up to 2-1/2 years or both, he added.

Hubbardston

Diner offers rewards to Give Gifts donors

HUBBARDSTON — Pauline and Keven Jackson, owners of PJ’s Diner, are holding a Give Gifts, Get Grub contest to support the Police Department’s annual gift collection.

Through Dec. 21, anyone who brings five unwrapped toys to the diner at 32 Main St. will receive a free Hubb Delight breakfast and be entered into a drawing for a free breakfast every week for a year. The Police Department’s program benefits needy families in Hubbardston and clients of Battered Women’s Resources.

Worcester

Pregnant women, kids can get H1N1 flu vaccine

WORCESTER — Four free H1N1 (swine) flu vaccination clinics will be held in the city Saturday.

The clinics, to be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., will be for pregnant women and children 6 months to 18 years old. The clinics are open only to Worcester residents.

The city Division of Public Health will screen individuals to determine eligibility on a first-come, first-served basis. Proof of residency will be required.

The clinics will be at Forest Grove Middle School, 495 Grove St.; Burncoat Senior High School, 179 Burncoat St.; Sullivan Middle School, 140 Apricot St.; and Worcester Technical High School, 1 Skyline Drive.

For more information on the H1N1 clinics, call (508) 929-1300.

Spencer

Teen suspected in more than 40 car break-ins

SPENCER — Police said yesterday they have linked a 16-year-old to more than 40 break-ins to vehicles in Spencer and Charlton that date back to early November.

The teenager was arrested Friday when police caught him breaking into a car on Jolicoeur Avenue on the south side of town. The investigation, Sgt. Michael L. Befford said, tied the boy to break-ins in both towns. There were more than 20 break-ins in each community in the same general area, he said.

Loose change was stolen in most cases and in some instances Global Positioning Systems, clothing, purses and wallets. Some of the property was recovered, Sgt. Befford said.

The boy will appear at the Worcester Juvenile Court with a parent on charges of breaking and entering into a motor vehicle, larceny of less than $250 and other charges. Police said the juvenile lives in the general areas of the break-ins.

Region

Charitable foundation accepting applications

The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts is accepting grant applications from nonprofit organizations serving its 33-community region. The deadline for submitting concept papers is Jan. 29. Additional information is available at www.cfncm.org or from Kathy Heintz at the foundation, (978) 345-8383.

The foundation was created in 2001 to serve the charitable interests of donors in Ashburnham, Ashby, Athol, Ayer, Barre, Bolton, Clinton, Devens, Erving, Fitchburg, Gardner, Groton, Harvard, Hubbardston, Lancaster, Leominster, Littleton, Lunenburg, New Salem, Orange, Pepperell, Petersham, Phillipston, Princeton, Royalston, Shirley, Sterling, Templeton, Townsend, Warwick, Wendell, Westminster and Winchendon.

Spencer

Christmas parade on Route 9 Sunday

SPENCER — The town will hold a Christmas parade Sunday night along Route 9, complete with Santa, floats, firetrucks and the David Prouty High School marching band and football team.

The lineup for the parade is at 5 p.m. at the high school on Route 9. Floats and firetrucks will be judged at that time. The parade will start at 6 p.m. and head downtown.

Fire departments from area towns are invited to participate, as are any groups that wish to build a float. Selectmen said all floats must be lighted.

One float will carry the 40-member David Prouty Panthers football team, which won the school’s first-ever Super Bowl title after a perfect 13-0 season, another first in Prouty’s 31-year football history. Selectmen on Monday honored the team with a plaque and a promise of a float that would hold all of the team members along with the coach, Andrew Tuccio.

To sign up a float in the parade, call the selectmen’s office at (508) 885-7500, ext. 102.

Order the Telegram & Gazette, delivered daily to your home or office! www.telegram.com/homedelivery

Copyright 2009 Worcester Telegram & Gazette Corp.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

dang blondie. It should have truntacated!

Simon, the chop button is no longer working.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope this embarrasses the witlesses even more. "Let the stealer steal no more...". "You are stealing the word of God if you are not spending every second in field circus." "We are honest--our yearbook reports one of us returning $1,600 in cash, and the recipient is glad that a witless found it." All right down the toilet--because of a purse snatching by a witless.

If this isn't bad enough, this kind of theft pales in comparison to the pedophiles that corner children within the congregation, molest them, and then threaten them into silence using threats of disfellowshipping. There was even a public embarrassment on NBC News the day before Thanksgiving 2007. Yet, that did nothing to ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery (aside making it more embarrassing to be out in field circus). And, more recently the newspaper clippings that KoolAidMan brought to our attention this past summer about the kidnappers and baby eaters being witlesses did little. And I would say those incidents are worse than stealing a purse.

What I myself have seen, on a widespread basis, is that the witlesses will walk onto a porch with a fully enclosed screen door without being invited. I myself have been dragged with a partner that insisted on knocking on the door inside the porch, with the doorbell located on the outside. Technically, walking into a fully enclosed porch without being invited in is breaking and entering, and the householder could have reported a burglary and sent us to jail for doing that. With the number of pieces of furniture and other items on those porches, I am surprised that the witlesses I have worked with have never been caught stealing these as well.

• JahsOne
    JahsOne

Oh so he's your PO? I would love to sit down with you and talk about this. Since we're in the same the congregation. . Please let me know your name and we can meet at McDonalds in spencer.

• mrsjones5
  • JahsOne
    JahsOne

I'm sick of cowards who post things like this. Please (the one who posted this) come talk with me. I would enjoy knowing who you are.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If he is sincerely repentant he won't be DFd, JahsOne.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JahsOne said: Oh so he's your PO? I would love to sit down with you and talk about this. Since we're in the same the congregation. . Please let me know your name and we can meet at McDonalds in spencer. I'm sick of cowards who post things like this. Please (the one who posted this) come talk with me. I would enjoy knowing who you are.

OMG! Does this mean there are two active JDubs from the same congo here reading this message board?? Notice, you don't see JahsOne saying the info is untrue..........

• iceguy
    iceguy

Sounds like jahsone is a hit man for the wtbts! Don't meet with jahsone its a set up!!! Jahsone will cut you into little pieces and mail you to apostates all over the world as a deterrant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit