Making Sense of God's Silence

by lovelylil2 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

P Sac,

So when Atheists do something altruistic that is God ? Do you see God as you look at the atheist ?

Love

Wobble

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Making Sense of God's Silence

It don't make sense we have ancient scripture where God is very talkative, he's preforming one miracle after another,,parting the Red Sea, making the Nile river turn to blood, fire coming down from heaven burning up sacrifices, bringing a world engulfing flood that filled the whole earth even 15 cubits higher than mount Everest, stops the Sun in the sky, resurrect the dead.

And added to that we have these very same scriptures that tell us it is important to believe in God and that salvation hinges on our belief, and yet now that we have video cameras and all kinds of measuring and recording instruments that would prove his supernatural existence if he was willing to make a showing so that more people could believe and make denial inexcusable,, and strangely He remains silent??(Remember Elijah and the prophets of Baal where Elijah keeps taunting them to prove Baal is the true God?)

Something is very fishy about it isn't it I mean here's your chance God to get a whole bunch of people to believe in you and you're not taking advantage of it? What gives? I thought that if your supposed to be so Loving and so concerned about your creation that you won't remain silent but put on a great display of your God ship,,I mean in those ancient texts your always saying how great you are and how your mighty acts give reason for your name to be exulted in all the Earth so that people can believe that you are greater than all other gods. I ask you :"Why the silence now"?

So I would have to conclude that a reasonable person would have to conclude that this ancient Biblical Deity is no different than the Baals, Zeuses,Jupiters,Apollos, and what ever other Deities were believed in in the past, They were born in the human imagination and reflected the ignorance prevelant at that time that is the sense I make of the Biblical Deities silence today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o88VJyN0IcM&feature=related

• minimus
    minimus

Lil, you KNOW if you put up a thread like this what will happen.

• OBVES
    OBVES

If that is so , it cannot be a source we can learn from about God of the Bible the right way God Yahweh wants us to learn.

God of the Bible is a God of order and all things must take place in a right orderly fashion.

Most churches today are contrary to the Bible .

We are living in times when God particuraly speaks to us through the pages of the Bible and there is a bad news arsing from that for many churches as we near the year 2011 AD as the most reliable prediction of the end of the world ever made based on the Bible.

http://www.familyradio.com and learn from my posts on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn why the year 2011 AD ?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Minimus,

Yeah I knew what would happen but do not care. I will ignore the ignorant responses. I posted this link because I thought it may help people who have honest Q's about God's silence. Greg Albrehct gives some good responses to this Q from the mainstream Christian perspective.

Someone asked about Christianity without the religion;

Yes Christianity is a religion, but many Christians today are sick of the church systems and how they seperate the body of Christ into different denominations, as well as try to place non biblical rules and regulations on people. The plain truth ministry is one avenue to worship Christ without having to adher to a particular system. You can do so from your own home. The ministry reconizes that the "real" church are the body of believers in Christ, spread out thru out the entire world. Peace, Lilly

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Sure, you can't do it all by yourself, but if you ain't part of the solution...

I thought this was about God's Silence, not mine.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Yeah I knew what would happen but do not care. I will ignore the ignorant responses.

Oh, I got a new label now, ignorant, since my posts have been routinely ignored by you, Lil. Please show me my ignorance if you wish. I have asked you sincere and honest questions, they just don't happen to agree with your general delusions. Sorry.

Jeff

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I thought this was about God's Silence, not mine.

The point is - and I suspect it was Robyn's too, is that if God has already given us the means to recognise problems when they arise and to work towards fixing them, there shouldn't be any need for Him to speak.

Anyway did you listen to the recordings? What did you think of them?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

obves,

So true, most churches are contrary to Christ today!

Emo,

Exactly!

• Loquacious
    Loquacious

Its never been stated more succintly than Timothy Leary.......'Your Brain Is God'. and for that matter so is the devil. God is whatever YOUR brain desires him/her to be or not to be. Our brain has created gods and devils and an awesome imagination!

Good behaviour and bad behaviour, sadness and happiness, hostility and forgiveness are opposite traits though all are a part of being human.

If people want to believe that an ancient middle eastern national god of Israel controls the fate of the world, well then good luck to you I say!

Personally, I think it speaks volumes about our species that we can justify silence from a 'creator' we've never seen but only read about in the pages of ancient manuscripts from the Levant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit