Making Sense of God's Silence

by lovelylil2 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

There is a wonderful 4 part radio program on the Plain Truth Ministries Website this week about Making Sense of God's Silence. You can find it here www.ptm.org just click on Radio and you can listen online or download free mp3s of the program.

Here is the order of the 4 part series and topics discussed;

1. Is God Really There?

2. Is God silent or are we not listening?

3. When God broke his silence

4. Where is God when I need him?

This series is good for Believers and Non Believers alike. A lot of the Questions it answers are ones that those who do not believe in God ask. Such as why God permits suffering in the world, and whether or not he is currently doing anything in the world. I really enjoyed this and hope others do to. Peace, Lilly.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My humble 2 cents:

God works through Us, he gives us the strength to fix our problems, the problems we make for oursevles and the problems we deal with in our environment.

God spoke to us and continues to speak to us through his son Jesus, but he also speaks through other means also for those that, for some reason or another, do not accept Jesus ( by no fault of their own).

God will not fix our problems and I am not sure if he "could" even if he "wanted" to.

God made the world a certain way before we even stepped on it and I am not sure if he is so inclined to change the world just for us.

I know this goes against most religious Judeo-christian beliefs, but, there you have it.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I agree God works through us. Also that we cannot demand he fix our problems in the way we want.

• Robdar
    Robdar

God gave us two hands and a powerful enough brain to fix our own problems.

Only spoiled little brats decline to pick up their room and instead demand mommy do it.

• littlebird
    littlebird

I agree with you all, I was starting to feel like a lone duck in the shooting range.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I do think that, if we have a view of God based on the bible teachings of a God that WILL take action and save us all that it is valide to question WHY it hasn't happened yet.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

God either sits in silance and doesn't do a single thing at present until his appointed time whatever that may be or God doesn't exist and we imagine that he does. After all we can make excuses that God works through us but how does that work? Are we telling ourselves that we can't do the good that we do without God? Maybe WTS experience really destroyed my faith in God but at present I don't see any acts of God in our daily lives other than what we may imagine to keep our fantasy alive that God is doing something today.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Maybe WTS experience really destroyed my faith in God but at present I don't see any acts of God in our daily lives other than what we may imagine to keep our fantasy alive that God is doing something today.

A valid point and one I h ave seen in many exjw's.

I can only speak for myself:

Everytime I see a person forgive another with NO reason to or no ulterior motive, I see God.

Whenever I see people doing Good, even if it is not in their best interest, I see God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'He works through us.'

That works, if we are god. 'Course, you need to leave behind concepts such as the biblegod and all the excuses for his nonactivity. Through meditational practice, quite a few people can sense the the god in themselves.

S

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - he works through us. I shall head off now and wipe out all diseases, save all the hungry children, and end war. See you after dinner.

Geeez.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit