Making Sense of God's Silence

by lovelylil2 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sacolton
    sacolton

Can you fix the drip in my kitchen sink too, AK-Jeff?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Robyn,PSac,Littlebird,

Nice comments.

We just got into this same discussion on another thread. Do not want to rehash it all here again because I think we are getting nowhere on the other thread too.

But I enjoyed this radio program today because it touches on exactly what has been discussed today on jwn. I think perception is in the eye of the beholder. For those who believe in a God, we see that he is active and doing something, but for those who do not believe, he is absent and silent.

Just wanted to share this radio program with any who may be interested in this topic. Peace, Lilly

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Thanks.

I listened to the first topic and I think I'll listen to the others when I have time. It was very encouraging. Obviously you find it enjoyable and decided to share with us, so that's great.

My position is that if the WTS is the "evil slave" then obviously there are 9 other (at least!) ministries out there gathering sheep. Remember, Christ does not gather in just one place, but he has "other sheep, not of this fold".

So basically, even if the WTS served as the special "temple" sect, much like the tribe of Levi was set aside for the temple work, there were still the other 11 tribes that were "God's chosen people." Jesus Christ sent out 10 SLAVES to do business besides what he invested in the WTS, of which he only got back what he invested with no real spiritual increase. So as far as I'm concerned, Jehovah looks past the doctrinal issues at one point and looks at the heart.

So again, THANKS, for sharing this. I bookmarked it.

What I like about it is similar to what Harold Camping is preaching, which is the "end of the church age" and the INDIVIDUAL RELATIONSHIP with God. That's all about leaving the "broad roads" of organized religion and finding our own personal relationship with God. That resonates, especially now and that is what this ministry is also doing. Encouraging a personal relationship with God, not just another religion. "Crisis of Conscience" does that as well!

Finally, we are told to "gather ourselves together as we see the day drawing near." I think we will ALL need each other for encouragement and it is nice to have "Christianity Without Religion"! This newsgroup, a few other ministries are agencies that help us not be so isolated.

So thanks much. I'm sure I will revisit and listen in, even if it is stuff I already know. It's encouraging to hear others getting the message too.

LS

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Thank you Lars for your comments.

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, the Plain Truth has a nice ministry that does not push any denomination. It is simple Christianity without the religion and that is why I enjoy it. I have the site bookmarked too and go there frequently. They also have free offers each month. Last month the giveaway was a nice booklet entitled He left his footprints", it is all about Jesus and who he was, who he is now, and what Christmas is all about. I found it very insightful, Peace, Lilly

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I shall head off now and wipe out all diseases, save all the hungry children, and end war

Refer back to Robyn's post Jeff!

Sure, you can't do it all by yourself, but if you ain't part of the solution...

-------------

Thanks for the info lily, I'll have a listen later today (2am here - way past bedtime lol!)

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I looked at them once, but even though they've admitted failures and have made attempts to repair, the problem I have with every narrative of God is a morally flawed person who blames everyone else for his failures.

• JAFO
    JAFO
    It is simple Christianity without the religion

No such thing. christianity IS a religion. It's the second of the three Great Desert Death Cults.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    Making Sense of God's Silence

Yeah he don't exist, and he is a figment of the human imagination,,that makes the most sense.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Yeah he don't exist, and he is a figment of the human imagination,,that makes the most sense.

rifk

Just because God isn't speaking to YOU (wonder why?) doesn't mean he isn't speaking to the chosen ones, like ME.

wow... you make it seem great to know for sure.

• JAFO
    JAFO
    Just because God isn't speaking to YOU (wonder why?) doesn't mean he isn't speaking to the chosen ones, like ME.
    wow... you make it seem great to know for sure.

Oh great Chosen One, Larsinger58, it sounds as if you believe you DO know for sure...

But I've read some of your other posts.. NEWSFLASH.. that voice in your head is not god talking to you.. but medication may help get rid of it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit